• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW "Mini" Rally Part 3

wsucougarx

OK, muster time 0815 hrs. If I don't get the M109A3 insured in time, then I'll be bringing the usual:) Poor '68 is left out again

Last edited:

srodocker

srodocker - m35a2
64c30 - m814 and m1009
Riverdog - m35a2
AN/ARC186 - m35a2
stalwart - HEMTT
Wsucougar - m35a2 or m109

i'll keep updating list until friday which is when i'll give the guy in charge the numbers

wsucougarx

Scott what is the latest we can show up for setup? I'm still planning on coming, however I haven't done my safety checks just yet. That'll have to wait until tonight after work. Just checking to see when I need to pull up anchor and head up in the morning

srodocker

im sure you can show up anytime. im going to be blocking off a section of the parking lot. im going to show up at 815. and will most likley stay the whole day. tonight im going to give the guy leading this a call and tell him our estimated numbers. the whole thing starts at 9 or 10. dont have the website up right now as im at my grandparents house but kids get there at 10 but the band starts at 9. so its up to you :)

ABN173

Scott,

Talked to about a dozen hot rod people in the last three weeks, all of which had issues with local MV Collectors crashing their shows and none had anything good to say about the invaders. If you want to play army truck so bad why don't you enlist? The MVPA shows are for just this sort of thing, as well as the little get togethers. Car shows are for the cars. Reserves are paying good money for people with your enthusiasm.

Attitudes like this are exactly why I've never accepted invitations to bring my Mil vehicles to car and truck shows. I have little patience with folks that have their noses so far in the air that would drown if it rained.
Really? I was with Scott when he had his truck at a Steilacoom Park car show and they all seemed to love it, in fact the judges presented him with youngest collector award. They were very impressed with the fact Scott worked two jobs in order to buy his truck. This is a rare trait when most kids expect stuff to handed out to them.

As far as Scott joining the Army goes I only wish I had guys like him in my Detachment.

On a side note I'll probably show up too.

-Dale

Last edited:

Stalwart

We are planning to show up at about 8:30-8:45, we are trying to leave a 7:00. Scott, please leave me a big spot, I'm gonna unfold the crane and fly the flag from it and I'm almost twice as long as a deuce. No need to move any Prius or Smart cars, I'll just use those for wheel chocks. :beer::driver:

ABN173

pics

Here are some pictures both of the Steel Soldiers group as well as some area MVPA types (I think):

Attachments

srodocker

This was a sweet little get together. thanks all for coming :). i didnt take any pics but thanks dale for taking some. weather turned out to be nice towards the end of the event. Lots of people came through and cabelas was just packed! of course the HEMTT drew a crowd it was funny to watch peoples faces as i told them its someones personal vehicle.

wsucougarx

Thanks Dale, I forgot to get pics of the SS trucks in attendance.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks