• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

srodocker

hey guys. there will be burgers there from me and dan. maybe make it like a potluck type deal. bring something only if you can. no need to stress if you cant. im sure you can bring an the coffee maker as theres lots of outlets. dans plan is to have the inside of the barn cleared out for all the food this time and we can sit in there if the weather turns bad. he will have his truck mostly covered with a tarp and lights already situated. i'll have my truck and trailer out front so more people can park where the action is.

going over to dans saturday so we can work some more stuff out

ps. im excited

Stalwart

Guys, is there a reason we are starting so late? My wife has given me the "day off" but not the evening. I want to do this and get it done quickly, in case I'm needed on the home front. If we are prepared and get it done quickly, we will have plenty of time to chat and BS afterward. I'm just worried it will go late, and I can't do that. My 10 and 13 year old girls have very busy sports schedules and I'm still supposed to feed them dinner that night. I know it's wierd but I do all the cooking here and we don't do fast food any more. If I piss off the wife too badly, by being too late, she might not let me attend again.

I'm not looking for a way out, I'm trying to help out as best I can.

srodocker

I just did it for around the same time we had it last year. we can do earlier if need be i'll ask dan to get teh go ahead. he is going to have the engine ready to be pulled out by having everything disconnected and the parts needed switched to the new engine so its just slide out and then slide in. the engine sits on a m200 trailer chassis so its very easy to grab it.

and we all understand that you have other things to do so dont worry. i'll need to get ahold of dan to get on here still

Stalwart

Looks like you ARE prepared! I thought it was 10AM last year but I'm probably mistaken. That sounds OK, then! I just was worried it'd go like the turbo change last year. Only enough room for one to work and a late start. Years ago, with air tools, I was able to remove an engine in my '82 Mustang in 20 minutes and put it back in in 40 all by myself, including removing the hood and radiator.

I know an engine change can be a nearly effortless affair with the right prep and tools. Looks like you're well on your way and I won't be concerned any further. Good job!!!!!! :beer:

srodocker

hehe were trying to make it as simple as possible. shoot it maybe was 10 last year i cant remember as i dont even recall if i ate breakfast this morning hehe. maybe thats why i gain wait is i forget so i grab a second or third dish hahha aua:grd:

Stalwart

Soccer schedule changed and I'll be flying solo down there. She would have REALLY liked that! Thanks for the offer, it was very kind. :D

AN/ARC186

Dan and I will need to speak before the date so we can set the vehicles in the best spot for the operation. I'm still trying to feed enough grease into my turntable to get it to move smoothly, it's getting better but it sometimes jumps a bit. I ususlly try not to slew the crane with it loaded, instead extend/retract. raise/lower the boom and use the winch to do most of my movements. It is a small crane, but it can still maim and kill. I also think they used a big hyd. motor to get a high maximum slew rate for speed where they probably should have used a very small motor and geared it for precise movements. The Stalwarts used for REME (battlefield mechanics) were valved completely differently for precise movements.

We'll just have to be prepared, communicate, work carefully and it should go smoothly. I've done a ton of lifting with this thing and no one has gotten so much as a bruise.
We'll have to go over the logistics of this for sure, I'll PM you my contact info.

AN/ARC186

First of all, let me just say.......WOW!!!.......what a response!

Space, I'll be shoving the horse trailer back and opening up the front pasture for parking, that way you can just pull in and park.

Time, Start time is flexible, I'm with Stuart, earlier is always good, I was thinking 0900 for anyone who wants to get there early so we can get set up.

Food, I'll be dragging out the grill, will have outlets to plug in the big coffee pot if you want to bring it. Scott and I were figuring some sort of pot luck. I'll have soda and water plus extra ice for beverages of a more fermented nature.
Bring a favorite dish if you'd like, the ovens will be available to do warm ups. I think I still have a case of canned haggis around here somewhere.........

You won't have to use trees, we'll let ya in the house, I even unpacked most of the boxes from the move, had to, the boss made me...........so it looks like a house, not a warehouse..

Going to open up the barn for tables and chairs, if anyone wants music, bring whatever you want, I have a small amp and speakers I can set up as well.

If we have time maybe we should plan a little side trip to Brads. I saw a ships searchlight there with my name all over it!!

srodocker

Told you dan a big turnout!! im up for any start time as i wont be working for the next 2 months starting next tuesday. surgery time. i'll bring the hamburger buns and some other stuff.

wsucougarx

Darn, almost feels like we need to convoy somewhere after everything is said and done or something.
Almost thinking like someone should contact the local law enforcement agency to let them know whats going on as I'm sure they may get a couple calls ;-)

hwcurtice

Almost makes me wonder if I should bring my trailer down for some assistance in getting it wired for 12 volt....

All I have to do is mount the plate on it right now, and get a connector for the truck plug... I think...

One big happy work rally...

Josh

I think I can bring coffee. My cousin works at starbucks and said she should get a me few lbs of ground coffee.

Also. If you people want, I got a Ipod with about 300 country/classic rock songs I can bring along.