• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

Amer-team

Hope I can make it, but don't want to hold anyone up. The A1 has a top speed of about 50 and the 715 about 45 MPH.
Both are originals, meaning, not restored. Touched up, yes, restored, no.

Jinx

I recently sold one of my M105A2 trailers and have a good complete set of bows as well as the rear gate. (both wood) I'd bring those with me to the meet if anyone is interested. Say $50 for the complete package?

64c30

Ok ladies and gentlemen. time to plan for a rally at dans! Dan is having troubles with his current engine so tomorrow he is buying a engine from brad and we think it would be sweet to invite all the tech heads and everyone else who just wants to eat and watch the people put in a engine.

So heres the details

WHERE: 26008 110th Ave. E. Graham, WA. 98338 dans (An/arc186)
WHEN:February 12th, 2011 @11am (enough time to work on the engine swap)

Having the Hemmt is half the battle.
When we did engine swaps with my 816 in Germany, it took about 3 hrs from start to finish. But, we had the lift bar and all else.
We'll try to be there. I hold a Coke can and watch VERY well! 8)

Last edited:

Stalwart

Dan and I will need to speak before the date so we can set the vehicles in the best spot for the operation. I'm still trying to feed enough grease into my turntable to get it to move smoothly, it's getting better but it sometimes jumps a bit. I ususlly try not to slew the crane with it loaded, instead extend/retract. raise/lower the boom and use the winch to do most of my movements. It is a small crane, but it can still maim and kill. I also think they used a big hyd. motor to get a high maximum slew rate for speed where they probably should have used a very small motor and geared it for precise movements. The Stalwarts used for REME (battlefield mechanics) were valved completely differently for precise movements.

We'll just have to be prepared, communicate, work carefully and it should go smoothly. I've done a ton of lifting with this thing and no one has gotten so much as a bruise.

wsucougarx

Just a side note, it appears this is going to be a fairly large rally. Is there an overflow lot for us to park in;-). You guys are going to need a fairly large work area to account for the HEMTT, deuce, and a cleared area for the crane to operate.

Josh

Just a side note, it appears this is going to be a fairly large rally. Is there an overflow lot for us to park in;-). You guys are going to need a fairly large work area to account for the HEMTT, deuce, and a cleared area for the crane to operate.

I think he has a horse field with some good mud:driver:.

Otherwise, the street looked to wide enough that some rigs could be parked on it if needed.

hwcurtice

googlemaps: Looks like he has a big enough spread to park in. And plenty of trees for coffee watering too!

And no neighbors to bother with all the diesel belching.

wsucougarx

LOL, ahh you guys will be drooling all over the HEMTT. Hey Josh, we can probably all convoy there together like we did last time with Aaron and Ed. Are we planning on doing a BRIEF stop at Brad's along the way? Just need to try and time it like we did last time. It was funny I literally just hit the overpass and looked on I-5 and saw you guys coming around the corner...

srodocker

my deuce and 1 of my trailers should be moved to save some space. they will be tucked next to his barn.

one of my trailers though will not be. stuart can i have you lift a bed out of my deuce bed onto a trailer? along with my oil tote? or josh can you throw them on my new trailer for me? have about 50-60 gals of oil in the tote. brad doesnt have a 105 bed so might go with the smaller 101 bed...dunno yet we'll see.