• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

I am happy to give you guys as much rigging assistance as you like - deal with this kinda stuff all day...

Big heavy parts, stuffed into tiny little spaces, and no damage... That turbo in the picture is about $320,000... The rods; well those are kinda priceless as they are out of production and these had to be recovered from a MSC ship scrapped in India...

Anyhow - just let me know - we have some gear here I can grab too...

Also Stuart: I find that if you put a chainfall on the hook first you can do all your fine tune positioning without using the powered cable - hand over hand has alot more sensitive feel than a button...

Matt

Attachments

Stalwart

I totally agree Matt, the winch is the only part of the crane that is actually smooth and sensitive. Except when using the remote box where it sometimes goes into run-away like you saw at Arlington. Never had a problem with the mechanical valves, just the servo operated ones. I think a chain fall would make those 1/4" movements much safer and easier. I don't have a manual one, the one I have is air operated and useless in this application.

I can grab one or two from here if you like - this coming week I'll look through the rigging locker and see what is around....

Medic - those are just medium pistons - 17" - even still I fit down the liner bore and can stand in the crankcase

Try some big boys - 800mm and 900mm - the head weighs 4 tons rofl

Matt

Attachments

srodocker

Welp got my surgery date for next tuesday so i'll be broken for the rally! i'll be there forsure just to talk it up as i can do anything with my hands...

hwcurtice

Well, at least you're able to walk around. I've have both knees scoped three time since '98, and yes, both at the same time.

Yes, that was fun....

So, who is going to hold his coffee so he can suck on the straw?

Oh, speaking of coffee, I have one of those big 30-cup electric coffee makers that they used to used at school functions and stuff. If Dan will let us use an outlet, we can keep the hot coffee flowing for a while.

Let me know if I need to bring it. Somebody have a good line on great bulk coffee?

hwcurtice

Oh, speaking of coffee, I have one of those big 30-cup electric coffee makers that they used to used at school functions and stuff. If Dan will let us use an outlet, we can keep the hot coffee flowing for a while.

Let me know if I need to bring it. Somebody have a good line on great bulk coffee?

I might. I work at a coffee roaster. I'll ask around and see if I can't get some pre-ground stuff.