• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

seano11

A alternator off a 250 out of a 900 series works but not out of the 800 series. Also you need air to engaged the clutch. And one more question are the hubs on the a2s wet hubs? The axles are different and seem to have a oil filler on each hub

Nonotagain

Try giving B&W auto Electric just north of Baltimore a call. 410-665-8998

They used to stock all types of parts for Leese Neville, both 12 and 24 volt systems.

They are located about 45 minutes south of John's Apple's shop, on Harford Rd in Parkville MD.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
923a2 005.jpg923a2 006.jpg923a2 008.jpgSean just left,I gave him a alternator from a M923a1. It bolted right up,fixed the fuel leak,and switched the fan clutch controller.I wish him the best of luck,Hes a great guy we had a lot of fun.He has a lot of hard miles ahead of him.

seano11

Made it to Carlie pa for the night gonna hit the road bright and early. Truck is working amazing will do 60mph up these hills ill upload some pics in a min

trukhead

Hi, Sean
I'm glad to see your on the road.
Your trip, 806 miles through chicago,
915 miles around chicago, going through columbus, Indianaplis and around bloomngton Illinois.
Chicago after 6-7 pm on the 80-294-290-90 route, bypass around downtown is fast. and the I-80, Penn. turnpike, is pretty fast as well.
Your recovery is fun!
Dennis

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May you have fair winds and following seas the rest of your journey.

I can't find a Carlie, PA in Google maps so I have no idea where you are right now. You should have my contact info if you need help through Ohio.

seano11

Well it's 7:19 just did my pre trip in the pouring rain everything is good didn't burn a drop of oil headed for Indianapolis today and then north to Dane WI. I must say these windshield wipers are pretty amazing compared to the ones in my 813

Nonotagain

If you go past a Walmart, stop in and get some RainX washer fluid. Combined with a good set of wiper blades, you'll be able to see without having to use the wipers under most conditions.

And while you're at it, clean the windows inside the truck using the RainX spray on window cleaner. They won't fog up.

lonegunman

Keep chugging. I recovered my M35A3 from Georgia about three years ago. It ran a red-hot smoking 50 mph through rain, snow and miserable heat and made it 2500 miles without a hitch. I'm pretty sure it is the only one around eastern Washington. It averaged about 10mpg.

Good luck with the rest of your adventure. A Wal-Mart road atlas is awesome, it is updated with the locations of every Wal-Mart on earth. If you stop for Rain-X see if you can find one. They don't have a lot of mil-surp parts but they usually have most everything else and are close tot he highway. You can even sleep in their parking lots overnight on occasion.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At 12:16PM EST Sean was 30 miles east of Washington, PA headed west on I-70.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks