• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton lockout hubs

Vintage iron

Seano11 I have pictures of the light bar and the brackets I modified in my photo albums. I have decided not to build any locking hubs. After much research I found the best and cheapest way is too have red Baron mill out a set of blanks and keep my originals for off road. It only take a few minutes to take these hubs off, so why go through the expense.

jrod66

I pulled my hubs off and I run a set of big rig hub caps, they keep the elements out and I can just pop them off and install the drive flanges if needed, beats spending 2k! unless the locking hubs could be priced around 500 bucks I dont see too many 5ton owners having them just my .02

jatonka

It would take a lot of time and money to develop a good US made set of lock out hubs for the 5 ton trucks. Just copying one of the few existing lockouts for the 5 ton Rockwell axle would be expensive, and I would not copy an existing design, but redesign for durablity and originality. I agree with jrod66 and others, the cost factor will limit how many sets could be sold. I live with that every day with the expense of offering the AVM lockouts for the M35 in this economy, I couldn't afford to do the 5 ton hubs in the for see able future. JT out

Here's the scoop guys. russ has the full design done for the hubs. but he has other projects that are paid for to get finished. If you want to speed up the process you need to call him and et him know there is a market and he needs to finish them. The shop # is 269 278 6945 Russ Gearhart is the guy you want to talk to.

I was at Russ's shop about 2 weeks ago. He has the locking mechanism designed and machined but hasn't finished the dials or the rest of the body yet. Basicly If you want or need a set now you just need to send him some money and he'll finish them. He has alot of other paid jobs that he's working on so until he sees a big enough market for them they'll be a side project.

Welder Sam

Oh im not asking... im not convinced that theyd be worth it for my usage. It tends to sit around alot and when i do need the front axle, i barely have time to hit the in/out valve..

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Tennis aka Jatonka is designing some for a M939 Series truck. On a M800 Series you cant because the Sprag will kick itself back in so it's pointless.

162tcat

Hopefully if someone does actually make them, they price them reasonably. If they are 1k or more, probably won't sell too many. If they are close to the price of the deuce set, they will fly off the shelf.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hopefully if someone does actually make them, they price them reasonably. If they are 1k or more, probably won't sell too many. If they are close to the price of the deuce set, they will fly off the shelf.
I doubt they'll be in the price range of a deuce hub set. That said, I'd be fine with paying more for them. But my limit would be around the $1500 mark.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks