• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton lockout hubs

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wehring,
Any word on the lock out hubs?

5 Tonners, is the air shift transfer case like the deuce? That is actuated with a switch on or under the dash. And what years and models were the air shift transfers installed?

wehring

5 ton hubs

I added a post where I disassembled two types on 5 ton locking hubs. Take a look. The thread is:

5 ton locking hubs - pics of disassembly

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Vintage iron

I could use a pair of hubs. I think there are about 20 of us waiting. I am not a wiz kid, but I can do the math! 20 sets at $1000. = $20,000. Seems like a nice product to build! when will we see them for sale?

wehring

locking hubs

OK folks. I do not care to sell these but everything in the shop has a price.

Please take the time to read my post on disassembly and comparison of 5ton AEV and Warn hubs.

The Warn hubs are built well and strong. I have further improved my set of Warn hubs by replacing the inner plastic guide ring with a custom machined aluminum-bronze ring on each hub.

I have done the sourcing, research, analysis and upfit for you. $3K for the set. Yes, I know the price is high...

They are currently on my M939 that I am preparing for the Alaska trip in 2012.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

spicergear

One other note, I know beggers can't be choosers, but if this does come to fruition, it would be nice if they were low profile like the Selectro 2.5 ton hubs and not tall like the AVM or OEM units. I would be interested in a set, but not if it's going to stick out 4" from the hub!

wehring

Ready to go

I have a set of the WARN hubs for sale. I have upgraded from the plastic inner ring to al-bronze.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Vintage iron

I am still planning on making them. They won't be like the traditional Warn style hubs. That design can not handle the abuse these trucks can dish out. Also tradition hubs stick out to much. Nothing worse than smashing off a set of expensive hubs! Working on a complet kit with everything needed including the medication to the transmission.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I am still planning on making them. They won't be like the traditional Warn style hubs. That design can not handle the abuse these trucks can dish out. Also tradition hubs stick out to much. Nothing worse than smashing off a set of expensive hubs! Working on a complete kit with everything needed including the medication to the transmission.

Do you have a target price in mind ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks