• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum wheels

coachgeo

I got the shouldered lug nuts from Ken, he unfortunately doesn’t have any of the CTI lug nuts...
did you ask if they could "get them"?? sometimes sales folk assume buyer want's "now" and don't offer to put in an order when they could (risks loosing commission to next sales person, who calls you when they arrive) . Ken may not have his sales folk on commission though

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
did you ask if they could "get them"?? sometimes sales folk assume buyer want's "now" and don't offer to put in an order when they could (risks loosing commission to next sales person, who calls you when they arrive) . Ken may not have his sales folk on commission though
I was talking directly with Ken. I’ll text him and ask if he can get them. Since I had relayed to problem I was having getting anything from the distributor when I asked if he had them, I’m pretty sure he would have told me if he could get them.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin from Florida Tire terminal called me in reference to someone on this forum called him about the aluminum wheels. He miss spoke and said he didn’t have any more, but he does have 4 left. He didn’t have your name or number so he asked me to post this. Hopefully it gets to the right person.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin from Florida Tire terminal called me in reference to someone on this forum called him about the aluminum wheels. He miss spoke and said he didn’t have any more, but he does have 4 left. He didn’t have your name or number so he asked me to post this. Hopefully it gets to the right person.
Thanks Keith, that was me, but I found them else ware and they have already been blasted, powder coated and tire mounted. I do need one more for my spare, but I doubt he'll break up a set of four.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, He probably would sell just one. Any luck with the special lug nuts?
Just spoke to him and he will sell one. He's looking in to the pricing now, they literally just came in so he doesn't know how much they're in them. No luck on the CTI lug nuts yet. I'm on hold with the distributor as I type this and just getting the run a round again. So, supposedly their tracking system shows that someone at Hutchison has read the request for pricing and availability. He says they're normally very responsive, so hopefully I have some info soon. Really hope they have them in stock because it's been goose eggs everywhere else I have called.

Last edited:

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, this has officially turned into a royal pain in the a$$. Hutchinson won't sell to us anymore, and referred me to their distributor Triman Industries, which is a division of Blue Raven Solutions. The contact at Triman that I was given is Maurice Crudup, contact info below. I found I had to call repeatedly to get him to follow through with anything. I spoke with him last Thursday, and he said he would follow up with Hutchinson and get back to me Friday. When I didn't hear anything back, I called him. Phone went straight to voicemail, so I emailed him and got an auto response saying he was out until Monday and had an email address for Kristen Kahr to reach in his absence. Emailed Kristen, her contact info is below as well, and relayed the time sensitive matter of the situation to her. She replied promptly saying she would email Hutchinson and let them know it was time sensitive. Got an email back from her shortly thereafter saying they had responded and would have pricing to her Monday. Hadn't heard anything back, and it is basically EOD back there, so I called her. She said they had not responded and that she would email them again. I asked if the fact that Hutchinson said they would provide pricing today meant they were in stock. She said no, and then looked in their system and said that the last time they ordered them they were in stock, but that it was a 28 day lead time to ship them. I told her I need them in Maryland the first week of October and she said there was no way that would be possible. So, whether Hutchinson has them or not sounds like I'm screwed. The way this is going so far, I'm also expecting to find out Triman can't sell to me unless I have an account with them, but we'll see.

So, if anyone out there can pull a rabbit out of their hat and tell me where else I can find these, you'll be my hero!

Maurice Crudup | Account Representative
Triman Industries Inc. – A Division of Blue Raven Solutions

Direct: 856-412-8234 Ext. 2012
1500 Mt. Kemble Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960 | www.trimanindustries.com

Kristen Kahr | Manager of Pre-Award Triman Industries Inc. – A Division of Blue Raven Solutions
Direct: 973-500-6342 | Email: kristen.kahr@blueravencorp.com
1500 Mt. Kemble Ave | Morristown, NJ 07960
www.trimanindustries.com

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, this has officially turned into a royal pain in the a$$. Hutchinson won't sell to us anymore, and referred me to their distributor Triman Industries, which is a division of Blue Raven Solutions. The contact at Triman that I was given is Maurice Crudup, contact info below. I found I had to call repeatedly to get him to follow through with anything. I spoke with him last Thursday, and he said he would follow up with Hutchinson and get back to me Friday. When I didn't hear anything back, I called him. Phone went straight to voicemail, so I emailed him and got an auto response saying he was out until Monday and had an email address for Kristen Kahr to reach in his absence. Emailed Kristen, her contact info is below as well, and relayed the time sensitive matter of the situation to her. She replied promptly saying she would email Hutchinson and let them know it was time sensitive. Got an email back from her shortly thereafter saying they had responded and would have pricing to her Monday. Hadn't heard anything back, and it is basically EOD back there, so I called her. She said they had not responded and that she would email them again. I asked if the fact that Hutchinson said they would provide pricing today meant they were in stock. She said no, and then looked in their system and said that the last time they ordered them they were in stock, but that it was a 28 day lead time to ship them. I told her I need them in Maryland the first week of October and she said there was no way that would be possible. So, whether Hutchinson has them or not sounds like I'm screwed. The way this is going so far, I'm also expecting to find out Triman can't sell to me unless I have an account with them, but we'll see.

So, if anyone out there can pull a rabbit out of their hat and tell me where else I can find these, you'll be my hero!

1500 Mt. Kemble Ave

Kristen Kahr | Manager of Pre-Award Triman Industries Inc. – A Division of Blue Raven Solution
www.trimanindustries.com
Hey, I really don't know if this will be of any help, but when I was looking for lug nuts a couple years ago, for the steel wheels for my M1083A1, I contacted Tifco.com. (Tifco Industries)

They were a big help and was able to hook me up with new lug nuts. They may be able to help you with the items your looking for.

I called the company and they hooked me up with a sales person here in Maryland. It has been a couple years since I contacted, John, so I not sure if he is still with the company.

John
Tifco Industries Sales Person
Tifco.com
508-561-5511

If no joy with John, call the company, they were great to deal with!

Corporate Office:
21400 Northwest Freeway
Cypress, Texas 77429
Email: tifco@tifco.com
800-868-4326
281-571-6000

Like I said, I don't know if it will help, but who knows, can't hurt.

Tom.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I really don't know if this will be of any help, but when I was looking for lug nuts a couple years ago, for the steel wheels for my M1083A1, I contacted Tifco.com. (Tifco Industries)

They were a big help and was able to hook me up with new lug nuts. They may be able to help you with the items your looking for.

I called the company and they hooked me up with a sales person here in Maryland. It has been a couple years since I contacted, John, so I not sure if he is still with the company.

John
Tifco Industries Sales Person
Tifco.com
508-561-5511

If no joy with John, call the company, they were great to deal with!

Corporate Office:
21400 Northwest Freeway
Cypress, Texas 77429
Email: tifco@tifco.com
800-868-4326
281-571-6000

Like I said, I don't know if it will help, but who knows, can't hurt.

Tom.
Thanks, I’ll give him a call. Are they a manufacture, or parts supply company? One of the challenges is that Hutchinson has a patents in play here, so they’re the only manufacturer of these nuts.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this isn’t the best solution but before I found them from Hutchinson I was planning to make them. Take a flange nut, machine an oring groove into it then weld an acorn nut or something similar to the outside of it then mill the inside threads to allow air to pass through. Just saying…..

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this isn’t the best solution but before I found them from Hutchinson I was planning to make them. Take a flange nut, machine an oring groove into it then weld an acorn nut or something similar to the outside of it then mill the inside threads to allow air to pass through. Just saying…..
Yes, I’ve thought about that, but that isn’t realistic in the time I have. I might need to figure stud size and thread pitch so I can find caps and drive 9 lug nuts and no CTIS.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter

1500 Mt. Kemble Ave

Kristen Kahr | Manager of Pre-Award Triman Industries Inc. – A Division of Blue Raven Solutions
www.trimanindustries.com
It may be helpful to understand some context around this. If these parts are military specific, and often even if they are "Commercial Off the Shelf" (COtS) products they will be a special version to meet military specifications (e.g. manufacturing traceability, coating quality, part number stamping standards, etc.), they are not used to dealing with one guy with a "time sensitive" request for a small quantity. The government negotiates for like a year with them, before making a contract to buy millions of dollars worth of them over the coarse of a decade or so. Then that manufacturer plans months ahead for special runs to fulfill the contract, under whatever bizarre terms the government demanded. The parts never get packaged, shipped, or even entered into the computer systems of the regular consumer parts... they are a custom thing done to the government's bidding (even if there is a civilian variant, most likely).

That's a worst-case, but also not an uncommon one. So when you call them up and are trying to get them to sell you a couple dozen, as a "time sensitive" request, they typically don't even know how to deal with you. It may be a part they can see in the computer database, but it may not show stocked because it's custom (it's almost always a custom variant for the military), or they may not have any way to order that part number.

It's a bizarre system, on either side of it. Such is the life of military vehicle owners.

Common pain-point parts often end up getting custom replacements made by the community, to avoid the hassle.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s really not that complicated though, these are specific for this wheel for only military applications no civilian use. Why I say it’s not that complicated is because a couple years ago when I contacted Hutchinson to purchase them it was a 2 minute conversation and I placed the order and they shipped them out. Easy peasy! But as soon as they stopped wanting to business directly with us it’s still the same order just more complicated because now we’re dealing with a middle person, making it more complicated.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s really not that complicated though, these are specific for this wheel for only military applications no civilian use. Why I say it’s not that complicated is because a couple years ago when I contacted Hutchinson to purchase them it was a 2 minute conversation and I placed the order and they shipped them out. Easy peasy! But as soon as they stopped wanting to business directly with us it’s still the same order just more complicated because now we’re dealing with a middle person, making it more complicated.
Maybe, or maybe you ordered them right when they were in another run of fulfilling the government contract. Or, sometimes the rules and laws change around what kind of military hardware can be sold to civilians (that seems to always have politician's panties in a bunch). I work on the supply side of some of these things, though admittedly usually more complicated stuff than wheel lugs, and it's a Red Tape nightmare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks