• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction date changes, MK48 and Hemtt recall

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Coming soon after a few test drives thru heck and she will be ready to go

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

archmark

Looks like they're down to "seeds and stems" on lots of the items in the upcoming auction. I'm wondering if the best "has been got" and everything from here on out will be "well broken in"? I'm also thinking that just about everything in Hawaii will remain in Hawaii unless Uncle Sucker decides to float it all home or make artificial reefs out of it...

HASSON1911

Do you have the video link?

If they come for mine it will be a frame on blocks.

I wish GovPlanet would communicate better about this situation. Even if only to say they are still awaiting details from the DLA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I've really been out of it but I found it. Day late and a dollar short since it looks like us owners are safe for now but here it is.

https://youtu.be/6ckVxUnbjzs

Gunzy

I've really been out of it but I found it. Day late and a dollar short since it looks like us owners are safe for now but here it is.

https://youtu.be/6ckVxUnbjzs
My M985 went through that program in 2001 and as of now only has 5000 miles. The new recap program will update the drivetrains to CAT C15 Acert engines, Allison 6 spd transmissions, and either air bagged suspensions or the RAK 4 independent suspension. I believe that the new recap program is only for the M1075 PLS, M1120 LHS and M1076 LHS trailers.

gordonjs

Haven't really posted on here, but been reading..

I picked up one of these this spring from the auction (sitting in my barn at the moment) and I just now heard about all this crap from a friend. What, if anything, has been found out? Am I safe? I plan on putting quite a bit of money into it this winter, and this scares me a bit.

HASSON1911

Haven't really posted on here, but been reading..

I picked up one of these this spring from the auction (sitting in my barn at the moment) and I just now heard about all this crap from a friend. What, if anything, has been found out? Am I safe? I plan on putting quite a bit of money into it this winter, and this scares me a bit.
Owners are safe no more will be released.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gordonjs

If that's true..... And god I hope you're a reliable source, my wife will be pleased. I told her it was an 'investment'... And now I don't have to lie anymore, it actually is! ha..

HASSON1911

If that's true..... And god I hope you're a reliable source, my wife will be pleased. I told her it was an 'investment'... And now I don't have to lie anymore, it actually is! ha..
I fore see the hemtt market to climb up to the area of where hmmwv were pre auction days if not a little higher. The trouble would be finding a buyer in today's economy. But there's a butt for every chair. I know a couple guys who sold during the scare and made $10-15k above auction prices.

gordonjs

I fore see the hemtt market to climb up to the area of where hmmwv were pre auction days if not a little higher. The trouble would be finding a buyer in today's economy. But there's a butt for every chair. I know a couple guys who sold during the scare and made $10-15k above auction prices.

I don't plan on selling, I love my truck. I'm just glad I don't have to give it up. It possibly being worth a bit more than I paid is just nice info to know...

HASSON1911

This is more for Jwade but, does anyone know the speculation if a private party were to auction a hemtt off of ironplanet. Ive been seeing more custom hmmwv's and M939 trucks on there lately with a pretty high starting bid.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can sell your trucks, etc through them.
Clack on the sell button on the home page.

Ive never done it but there are some things that are for bid now from private parties.

jerry v

The sad part is that they can come for any truck at anytime if they want to. Even someones old M54 5 ton if they need it. Yes we are American citizens and have rights BUT they have that big crayon and can just X a few things out on that thing called the Constitution when they see fit. Yes we can call Lawyers but it is just like the City, county, and state governments work the Fed's will just outbid you and and drag it out in court and they all have more money than us cause they have all of our money.

I was actually in court yesterday helping an attorney on a case and I heard a judge say " Yes that is what the law says, but I don't have to go by that"

WHAT!!!!???!!
BANANA REPUBLIC USA 2016:rules::x:wreckerman893::wreckerman893::wreckerman893:

Chief_919

They have always done this. It is also not them who determines what is scrapped, the gov't does. At one point, those trailers may of had sensitive equipment inside. The Gov't doesn't care if the equipment has been removed, they still consider it sensitive.

I don't make the rules, I just try to understand them :roll:
There is actually another reason stuff gets diverted to scrap, and it is borderline fraud.

I can't say for sure if it is still going on, but for a long time as a way to encourage "recycling" to make the government more eco friendly base commanders were told that any funds that came back from recycling would be kept on post and could eb sued at the commanders discretion for Morale, Welfare and Recreation projects. Parks, ball fields, clubs, anything like that.

As a result posts quickly began"recycling" anything with any metal content. We have all seen the piles of aluminum tent frames sold as scrap with mutilation required. No legitimate reason for that, but diverting to "recycling" means the funds go other places. So even though the sale price was lower the funds stayed with the post instead of going to the US Treasury.

The Navy is the worst at times. I have seen term contracts bid for "scrap" that included clothing, field gear, etc all perfectly serviceable. But diverted from the normal auction process to "recycling" to keep the money in that base commanders control even though it ended up sold for far less.

It is a pretty blatant abuse of the system. It may still be happening today, I suspect it is, only because nobody with enough pull has stepped in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks