• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

cucvrus

1648397478037.png
WOW. Time really flies by. This picture was taken 6 years ago. And guess what. It is still setting at the same spot. I have fired it up a few times and drove it out into the sunlight. I want to get rolling on these projects. It was SNOWING today. I do NOT like to work outside in my barn on cold, rainy, windy days. But SNOW is a definite NO NO. 1986 M1009 58K miles and all new exhaust front to back. Sitting in a dry building is doing it no harm. I think of it as a time capsule. This truck has a long story, and it is not a happy one. But it will have a happy ending. It was sold by me, robbed of all the sheet metal and left for dead. I have it again. I would have passed on the deal had the 1-ton axles been placed under it and the buyer had ever come back to transfer the title. That is how I was found by the VIN. It was thought to be stolen when found in storage shed. Bad Boys, Bad Boys came looking for me as the owner and having the title in my name. I have a buyer that is chopping at the bit for the past few years. I have to get rolling. I have wasted time thru a pandemic and just life in general. This is my hobby. If I am forced to do it, I become lethargic. We all know the cat fishing I had to endure on my last build. And the parts thief that never paid for the parts I sent him. Never forget.
Symphany of Destruction.
You take a CUCV Blazer
And put it in a shed
You dream of owning a monster truck
Watch the sheet metal roll
A roll, a roll.

And that is about as far as it went. Dreams were sweep away by poor spending and abandonment. Imagine that it came up as I was the owner of it. And I had that going for me. Which is nice. More on this wannabe monster truck later. All that dreaming was up in smoke.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I wondered why my trailer jack on my M1102 generator trailer was so hard to crank. So far, I bought 3 trailers, and everyone had issues with the trailer jack. This was a 2013 trailer and I thought all was well. But NOOOO. The master cylinder is broken off and the jack is packed tight with mud. I noticed the jack looked dirty on the cover. DSCF8448.JPG DSCF8449.JPG I removed the cover and what do I find? DSCF8450.JPG It was packed full of dirt and the gears were packed with mud. I did a quick removal of the gears and cleaned them with a screwdriver and wire brushed them. I will fine clean them later. DSCF8451.JPG They were that tight the handle has a bend to it. I think I can salvage this jack without buying any parts. Just grease and oil will be all that is needed.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wondered why my trailer jack on my M1102 generator trailer was so hard to crank. So far, I bought 3 trailers, and everyone had issues with the trailer jack. This was a 2013 trailer and I thought all was well. But NOOOO. The master cylinder is broken off and the jack is packed tight with mud. I noticed the jack looked dirty on the cover. View attachment 863677 View attachment 863678 I removed the cover and what do I find? View attachment 863679 It was packed full of dirt and the gears were packed with mud. I did a quick removal of the gears and cleaned them with a screwdriver and wire brushed them. I will fine clean them later. View attachment 863680 They were that tight the handle has a bend to it. I think I can salvage this jack without buying any parts. Just grease and oil will be all that is needed.
Seems like the guys who used it would have taken a little better care of the trailer jack. On the other hand, with three or four guys on it, I guess they would have hustled it up onto the pintle. AND dropped in a pile of mud when they disconnected it...

cucvrus

Well with this being how they were handled anything is possible. I replaced and repaired everything that was broken, bent and missing. I am using this trailer on the top to haul 8 FT logs and scrap wood. It will have a good life now and get treated with respect.
No description available.

Last edited:

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's tough that they were all full of dirt! Never know what you're going to get sometimes. Looks like the gears should clean up fine...Have you messed with the shoes or bearings yet?

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No photo description available.

Fresh off the assembly floor. The Built in a Barn. Now living in Germany. I hope you are still enjoying the M1009 German 1008.

…….it’s still a lot of fun with the 09, but I have a problem……. I had BIAB 1 parked on the side of the road and a very careless person drove into the car.

The body work is not the problem..... it will be a huge problem to find the right color
47BAE76A-05C1-416A-8C83-20EE7A74B5FF.jpeg60524555-16C0-4520-9D9E-DCA133AE32D1.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks