• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Job, Ray! Outstanding!! It looks like a new truck. I really like the way the paint color turned out. :beer:

I spent most of Saturday working on the a/c install. The compressor is done, the evaporator and condensor have been trial fitted, and after I take another batch of pictures I will finsh installing them. I will post everything on SS.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, Ray always goes 1st class.

Just out of curiosity. What would a set of 10 set a guy back, on a pallet ofcorse...?

RAYZER

Thanks Kenny! The bug belongs to a friend of mine,it has a small block chevy for power,it Will pull the front wheels off the ground!

RAYZER

Another long day out at the lz! I managed to get the rest of the unpainted things painted, installed driver side fuel tank,walking plate,soft top frame,mirror frames and buttoned up a few other things.
Almost there!

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fantastic job Ray.

Are you going teflon plate (dedicated trailer) or just grease (random trailers) for the 5th wheel?

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really turned out nice Ray. A big transformation since last August. Your hard work and dedication to detail shows. Looks like you will be ready for Richloam. :beer:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Looken great rayzer, I finally got the m129a2c up from doc's place, with a very big thank's to doc for bring it up to indy along with some replacement parts for a local fire departments deuce.

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Teflon plates are the way to go; no mess. They are about $20 at Weldon truck parts. Make sure you get the retaining ring with it. In a pinch you can use a poly mud flap.

When are you taking it for a test drive with the trailer? We need to take pictures and video of the maiden voyage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks