• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

Vfflang

You should of seen it drive down the road. Pass by it today leaving the rally ...alot hard work and nice looking rig rayzer. congrats.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks amazing Rayzer! :beer:

RAYZER

Thank you all for your support! I just got back in town from the Richloam rally where i had the chance to relaxe with good friends,had a great time! The rig made it there and back without a single problem,it would Run 60 on flat ground,but was a bit challenged on some hills,time to turn up the fuel and install a pyro gauge.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck looked good Ray. Probably ran faster going home without those heavy-arsed springs in the toolbox. :beer:

TadB

Sorry, I should have complimented you on your truck before I posted something semi-off topic. Your truck looks great!

I think I'm about to journey into converting my A3 into a tractor. I'm trying to acquire a M871 to go behind it.

Is anyone good enough to photoshop a fifth wheel onto an A3? Also would it be worth it to use a sliding fifth wheel?

RAYZER

Sorry, I should have complimented you on your truck before I posted something semi-off topic. Your truck looks great!

I think I'm about to journey into converting my A3 into a tractor. I'm trying to acquire a M871 to go behind it.

Is anyone good enough to photoshop a fifth wheel onto an A3? Also would it be worth it to use a sliding fifth wheel?
Thanks for the props Tad! I think that an a3 conversion would be baddazz! You could use a sliding 5th wheel,I think their about 6" lower in height over the standard military 5ton 5th wheel, but you probably would not need the sliding feature to adjust weight over the axles,i like the 5ton 5th wheel because they will articulate side to side in case some off road action is required.
How much does the m871 weigh?

TadB

Yes sir, no problem. It is really cloes look awsome.

I'm more so looking at the sliding fifth wheel trailers with different lenght tongues, and I have one readily available.

The weight of a M871 from what I'm seeing is around 15,500 LBS. What do think about the weight behind a deuce? Mostly looking at it to haul hay short distances(15-20 miles)

indy4x4fab

Banned
I'm thinking you may want to find an old rooted out m146 and turn it in to a flat bed hauler for that truck, or use a M447 trailer chassis and turn it in to a flat bed (which would be super easy), then you could also keep the same six lug pattern on the trailer but still not over load the truck. It is still just a 2.5 ton truck.

Last edited:

RAYZER

The dimension from the back of the cab to the 5thwheel will be the same on the deuce tractor conversion as the m818 tractor, so there may not be a clearance issue.my m146 trailer weights just under 10k lbs, on flat ground,the multifuel does just fine,but it's a bit of a challange pulling a grade, I dont know anything about how the cat would perform,but personally, I would stick to a lighter trailer.

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray is that a heater I see. I cant believe most of the trucks in Florida have heat. The truck looks good. Whats next or are you finally done..?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks