• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECO Hubs Who needs 3:07 gears?

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the EcoHubs and the original 3.90 gears are installed. when I take it to caterpillar service to have them reprogram the eco speedometer doe anyone know the ratio? I think it was a ratio that was needed, its been 6 or 7 years ago that I had them change it for the 3.07 gears. Or is that something I can program myself using the software I got from Superman? Also why is the overspeed on the CTIS recommended to delete it?

AKPacker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the EcoHubs and the original 3.90 gears are installed. when I take it to caterpillar service to have them reprogram the eco speedometer doe anyone know the ratio? I think it was a ratio that was needed, its been 6 or 7 years ago that I had them change it for the 3.07 gears. Or is that something I can program myself using the software I got from Superman? Also why is the overspeed on the CTIS recommended to delete it?
The stock number for my speedo was 62,618 pulses/mile, so you'd want to halve that with the Ecohubs and 3.90 gears. You can program it yourself if you have the Cat ET software and adapter cables.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you like, you can send me your ECM and I can flash it to 330 HP and make all the changes for pulse per mile and cruise enable, etc. Can also clone the ECM if you want to carry a spare. CAT generally can't or won't do that with a used ECM and new ones for the 3126 are crazy expensive from them. I can turn around an ECM in 1-2 business days.

Ronmar

@Keith Knight I don't know if you can reset it in the CTIS controller, but you are basically feeding it 1/2 the pulses it would normally see, so you would have to be going twice as fast as the original set overspeed alarm point to actually activate it, so you should never see it ever again:)

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Keith Knight I don't know if you can reset it in the CTIS controller, but you are basically feeding it 1/2 the pulses it would normally see, so you would have to be going twice as fast as the original set overspeed alarm point to actually activate it, so you should never see it ever again:)
When you reprogram the A1+ truck ECM to correct the speedo that same signal is used by the CTIS controller so it will go to over speed warning at the same ~65 mph that it always did. But you can pop into the Dana software and change the HWY over speed warning to whatever you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks