• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Final Headcount, SoCal Fall Trip

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JUST A HEADS UP!!! Some bone head is MOVING the signs Hole has put out. SO, when you get off at Stoddard Wells/Bell Mtn, you can only go one way...take it apx 6 miles, over the RR tracks 'till it crosses Dale Evans. Continue STRAIGHT, it will turn to dirt in apx 100 yds. Go past the Go Cart Track turn off. It is Apx 7 miles. The road is 30 feet wide...STAY ON THE 30 FT WIDE ROAD 'till you come across the ONLY street sign on that road, then turn RIGHT...the ONLY way you can turn. We are apx 2 miles down on the right. Here's the street sign.

Attachments

100dollarman

We have a very cool camp shaping up---

Yellobronc made it out ok last nite after having to fix a trailer flat, Hole was the first one there Wed nite, Team Hundy has our Junk out there now.

We had to run back to town this morning to do a little business... heading back to camp now-

See Ya out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D:-D:-D

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm outa here in 10 mins. Eric, if you are reading this, GW told me to tell ya to come into camp. I met you at Lytle Creek.
Pics to follow!

BLK HMMWV

So far so good.
Cell service is not available right at camp.
So far :
Yellow Bronc, Hole , Will , and Hundy made camp as well as one of my friends Eric

To all the rest of you guys coming out in the morning have a safe trip.
See you at camp dirtbag tomorrow.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At Denny's in Riverside waiting to hook up with Phil. Should be waking camp up in few hours.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome event! If you're SOCAL and you missed it, you missed A LOT! Pics and video should start flowing in soon. Thanks to everyone involed and big thanks to Phil (aka BarneysZoo) for convoying up and all the other help.

offroadrunner

I got home about an hour and a half ago; takes me that long to unload. Really excellent weekend (I only got to camp Sat morning), and it was great meeting you all and being able to put some faces with the avatars/callsigns. Gotta get me some of that antamite (I think that's what it's called?); that was "powerful" good fun! I hope my deuce is ready for the next trip, since I missed out on all the off-roadin' fun (the old Power-Wagon can barely fit all my chit anymore). Looking forward to seeing you all again.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was good seeing old friends and great to put new faces with names! Had an uneventful trip home with Hole and 998 junkie to the 18, then he split off. I forget how much of an uphill that pull from Victorville to Cajon is, 40 MPH in 4th maxed out. The headwind didn't help. Many thanks to blk hmmwv and his crew for cvomming out, I hope someone got pics or vid of Jeff's "trail ride"! We gotta make a street sign for that little road :razz:.
Hole, thanks for being Chef BoyArdee. I feel like such a mooch. We have some new nicknames, BLK HMMWV is Margarita Man...he ruined me last night! We could tell when he was up to no good when we heard the chainsaw blender at work. Yellobronc is Shovel Weenie, I'll let HIM splain that one. By the way, AWSOME mustard! I have some pics and some crappy vid...thanks to the Margaritas! Offroadrunner, it is tannerite. Yes it IS awsome! How was your wake up call? That poor JD tractor and extinguisher :twisted:. Thanks for setting up the swingers on the hill. Too much stuff for too little days. We gotta make this a 3 or 4 dayer, I think I said that before? OH, We got a hook up out there! A private land owner came by and hung out with us. He said we could come out and hang on his 10 acres any time. No BLM, no Sherrif. We had no issues, but it is a good thing.
Sleepy!

TheRecorder

:cry: I apologize for not making it!
I still have a fuel in engine oil issue. Plus the work schedule with the railroad changed.

Last edited:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, at least you are working. That's a good thing, keeps your habbit going.

998Junkie

I'd like to say right off the bat, if you are sitting at your computer and wondering if you would have a good time without knowing anybody when the next Dirt Bag comes up, don't. Everyone made this first timer feel right at home. I pretty much came with just the truck. My hand always had a cold beverage, my belly was stuffed with some great camp fare. My deepest thanks to Hole (for the grub) Will and BLK_HMMWV for the cold ones. The margaritas were the top of the evening and I loved that 4 stroke blender, too cool. And a Big thanks to everyone else who made the weekend really great. I can't wait for the next one.:-D

I'm off to bed now but I have a few pictures to post and the rest tomorrow.

Attachments

Ok, GREAT Trip again this year. Weather could not have been better. Great fun, LOTS of cleanup, great things to see and do. Thanks George for the added value....Sunday morning alarm was great...

Thanks 50dollar...oops....100dollarman for the cool chit!!!! Great time hangin out.

I arrived home about 8 hours after leaving the camp. Had heating issues along the way. Seems i am not only due for a clutch but most likely a head gasket since I lost water and cant figure out where it went.

Even with the issues (Clutch slipping, flat on trailer) the extra 7000 lbs on the duece was hardly a problem. Truck drove great with it on the trip in and once the head gasket, clutch is fixed...I will keep on rolling the setup!!!

It was great seeing all those again and meeting all the rest. If we continue to have turnouts for this trip like this we will have many more to meet.

Camp Dirtbag Pics:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks