• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GOVPLANET/USMC latest EUC times?

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of those guys on Veritread runs up the quotes like crazy, I was trying to get a quote on there to move 8 super single tires and some wanted up to 4k. the amount I'm most likely going to take is 1500. Its almost 2,000 miles away. I had also got a m35a2 moved a few months ago and that costed me 2.5k if I remember right. I'm hoping when my humvee gets approved, it be around 600-1,000. Its only 500 miles away from Georgia. For me, I get better quotes from uship than veritread
I'm dealing with Nick from United States of Freight. Great communication and matching the lowest price on Veritread I received.

mgieselman

Guestimating my EUC will be approved by 2/18, if there is anyone who will have room on a trailer to pickup a HMMWV from Yermo near the end of this month and get it to Seattle I'd be interested in paying for transport.

That said Id be happy to pay to have it dropped off anywhere north of Sacremento, CA to Washington and come pick it up myself.

Feel free to IM me if you're interested.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loaded up and ready to roll. Too bad she's coming back to Indiana with 15" forecasted.
Picked mine up at Albany Georgia Monday. Was going to flat-tow it back to NC but instead rented a Uhaul car transporter. Stayed under 55 mph and it rode well. It filled every inch of the trailer!

Attachments

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to pick up in person, but for $1900, it was about 900 more than my gas and hotel costs. Next one I buy is going to be Georgia for sure, they seem a little more beat up than Yermo though!

kommando

Picked mine up at Albany Georgia Monday. Was going to flat-tow it back to NC but instead rented a Uhaul car transporter. Stayed under 55 mph and it rode well. It filled every inch of the trailer!
Damn that's quite the trek with a Uhaul trailer!

I noticed if I drove faster than 55mph the trailer would start to weave a bit, but keeping it under 55 it was fine, still felt like a long drive for me and it was only 170 miles, I was checking behind me constantly making sure the hmmwv was still on back there and the trailer not falling apart.

here's a pic of when I was still tying everything down, ended up doubling the straps on the front and back, and also chained it down from the frame on the front, middle and back to the trailer to keep it from moving.

20220117_103158.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I noticed if I drove faster than 55mph the trailer would start to weave a bit, but keeping it under 55 it was fine, still felt like a long drive for me and it was only 170 miles, I was checking behind me constantly making sure the hmmwv was still on back there and the trailer not falling apart.

here's a pic of when I was still tying everything down, ended up doubling the straps on the front and back, and also chained it down from the frame on the front, middle and back to the trailer to keep it from moving.

View attachment 857709
And that Speed Limit 55 sticker on the drivers side fender... ?

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 857709
My trip with the trailer was 700 miles.

Last edited:

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to pick up in person, but for $1900, it was about 900 more than my gas and hotel costs. Next one I buy is going to be Georgia for sure, they seem a little more beat up than Yermo though!
Trailer cost $325 including tax and insurance.
I did careful photo analysis and determined Humvee was a good one to buy. This is straying from the “EUC” thread so I’m going to start a thread in the “What have I done to my Humvee today”.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I did careful photo analysis and determined Humvee was a good one to buy. This is straying from the “EUC” thread so I’m going to start a thread in the “What have I done to my Humvee today”.
Wow that truck seems incredibly clean...

kommando

My trip with the trailer was 700 miles.
It's good to know the trailers can handle them for those kinds of distances haha.
How many of those parts are brand new or did you just clean it real good? That radiator looks too perfect to be a surplus one! haha

Stinkmarder

Nice truck. Front seats are still wrapped in plastic.
The 112 miles must be real.
did you start the engine?

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's good to know the trailers can handle them for those kinds of distances haha.

How many of those parts are brand new or did you just clean it real good? That radiator looks too perfect to be a surplus one! haha
All I have done is washed it. There wasn’t even a bug stuck on the radiator. Truck is factory #347XXX. Factory plastic still on trans shifter. Careful photo analysis before auction and I knew this truck would be mine. Only 112 miles and not reset. Absolute original immaculate condition after getting dust and Georgia mildew washed off.
I know this is straying from original thread but will add a few more photos to show condition after only a wash. Installed new batteries. Installing 78 gallon MRAP self sealing fuel tank to extend range to approximately 1300 miles.Don’t be afraid of buying a Humvee from the great people at Albany Georgia!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks