• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin fall get together 2015

Dan2001qx4

Banned
We are a full on go. We will bring our m105 camper, the mkt and cargo truck. A couple friends will be out with us with there tractor and camper and support trailer.

Djones we are leaving Greenfield, In, around one pm on Friday afternoon. Would you want to convoy out with us?

Another Ahab

We are a full on go. We will bring our m105 camper, the mkt and cargo truck. A couple friends will be out with us with there tractor and camper and support trailer.

Djones we are leaving Greenfield, In, around one pm on Friday afternoon. Would you want to convoy out with us?
Has the Culinary Staff outlined a Menu for the Canteen? What's for Chow!? SOS, and Lots of it!?

Dan2001qx4

Banned
We will do breakfast Saturday morning for everyone but other then that if you all want to pitch in some burgers and hot dogs for lunch and dinner, or some boneless chicken and torta's for dinned and chips, we are willing to share the mkt with the hole group. as is its going to cost us a about a $1000 for our crew for just the weekend between food fuel, and getting and LP. sorry we can't feed the hole group.

Another Ahab

We will do breakfast Saturday morning for everyone but other then that if you all want to pitch in some burgers and hot dogs for lunch and dinner, or some boneless chicken and torta's for dinned and chips, we are willing to share the mkt with the hole group. as is its going to cost us a about a $1000 for our crew for just the weekend between food fuel, and getting and LP. sorry we can't feed the hole group.
I wasn't at all meaning that you should feed anybody out of the goodness of your heart!! No Way!

It is figured that the Meal Plan would be "Pay-As-You-Go". EVERYBODY should expect that.

But then I hadn't given it all much thought. I guess it's complicated setting up a pay station/ cash register/ making change, etc. Yeah, I can see that's a nightmare all by itself.

Dan2001qx4

Banned
Like i said, we will cover breakfast, but a pitch in usaully works the best when we take it camping with the jeeper crew. We do have an mkt ice chest and it works really well keeps the food cold for three days with out adding any ice to it in the summer heat, so keeping food safely cold isn't a problem.

Another Ahab

Like i said, we will cover breakfast, but a pitch in usaully works the best when we take it camping with the jeeper crew. We do have an mkt ice chest and it works really well keeps the food cold for three days with out adding any ice to it in the summer heat, so keeping food safely cold isn't a problem.
There's some "reusable ice" product available now that is self-contained (i.e., no leaks), and works as a substitute for dry ice (freezes at 5 degrees F).

Cabela's is one place to get it. If you don't know about it, you might want to check it out.

You'll find some detail here on this catalog page (attached).

View attachment Reusable Ice.pdf

Another Ahab

There's some "reusable ice" product available now that is self-contained (i.e., no leaks), and works as a substitute for dry ice (freezes at 5 degrees F).

Cabela's is one place to get it. If you don't know about it, you might want to check it out.

You'll find some detail here on this catalog page (attached).
Ooops. I thought it was Cabela's, but I ran across it from an operation called Forestry Suppliers (so, www.forestry-suppliers.com, and Search "Reusable Ice").

Dan2001qx4

Banned
I have a bother that works at gsf and we just use his discount to buy ice, for a 150 pounds of ice it cost us ten dollars. Plus we can get all our other food supplies there for about 50 bucks and it feads our hole crew for a weekend plus. The mkt is only stock on the out side. Lp weber grill on the inside microwave, coffee maker, 7 quart drinking coolers. All kinds of good stuff. Lights 120acv and 24dcv inside. Even have a sink and a water cooler for everyone to wash there hands with for chow.

Dan2001qx4

Banned
Hey 212sparky, is anyone doing T-shirts? I have a custumer that owns a T-shirt printing shop that can make shirts for $15 to $20 each. Small, med, large, are all $15 and x-large threw xxx-large are $20 each. We usually do safety green with black lettering.

212sparky

Hey 212sparky, is anyone doing T-shirts? I have a custumer that owns a T-shirt printing shop that can make shirts for $15 to $20 each. Small, med, large, are all $15 and x-large threw xxx-large are $20 each. We usually do safety green with black lettering.
No body is doing shirts as of now that I know of. Feel free to to come up with a design. As a side note, if Steel Soldiers is used we have to get it cleared with Chris the site owner.

212sparky

I will have my Mep004 there with power to the shelter area. I have standard 120 volt 20 amp recepticals that any one can connect to.

Another Ahab

No body is doing shirts as of now that I know of. Feel free to to come up with a design. As a side note, if Steel Soldiers is used we have to get it cleared with Chris the site owner.
I wouldn't mind having a SS bumper sticker (or magnetic square or something) to put on my vehicles. Do any of you all know if there's an SS vendor selling anything like that?

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Dan I may meet up with you to convoy I will have to see what time my sister can be there with her new to her Jeep that she wants to take. I will let you know as soon as possible. Dan did I meet you in the 4-H parade this year?

Thanks Dave

Last edited:

Dan2001qx4

Banned
Dan I may meet up with you to convoy I will have to see what time my sister can be there with her new to her Jeep that she wants to take. I will let you know as soon as possible. Dan did I meet you in the 4-H parade this year?

Thanks Dave
Nop not me Djones, we can meet up with you in rushville at the marsh. We have to pick my girlfriend's daughter from school at Greenfield Central 12:30pm then we will be leaving strait from there to head out.

Hoosierdingo

Hi everyone. I'm a newby here and don't currently have any green iron. That will change if all goes as planned.
I'd like to make this get together if I can get the time off.
Haspin Acres is currently for sale so it's future is unknown. Need to enjoy it while we can.

Brad

Another Ahab

Hi everyone. I'm a newby here and don't currently have any green iron. That will change if all goes as planned.
I'd like to make this get together if I can get the time off.
Haspin Acres is currently for sale so it's future is unknown. Need to enjoy it while we can.

Brad
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, HD. Glad you're on-board.

I'm not a part of your area, but I just like knowing what's "going on" (kind of nosey, I guess :mrgreen: )

Do you know the history of Haspin Acres, like who is the owner and why it's for sale?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks