• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with starting without Starting fluid.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I told welder to call to talk about the work he is doing, but if you want to call too, thats ok. Just so you know, I don't get up early.:cool::whistle::roll:

OverSizeHeavyHauler

Yeah, that kinda looks like algae in the HH port there...atleast it does to me...

Thats something we all should do atleast ONCE a year minimum, is dismount our tank, and thoroughly flush the livin daylights outta them.

Cuz at work, we use Powersave in our Sidebooms and itll eat up the rubber inside the fuel lines, just look down inside your fuel filters for black silt.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
OSHH=I'd swap the fdc first. Did you send me your addy yet?

Welder, I forgot to mention you should have removed the injector lines and cranked the motor over to see if all injectors were getting fuel to them. It looks like one of those cut pool water shows at Vegas when they squirt up!

OverSizeHeavyHauler

Im gonna tackle the leaking Intake Heater leak first tomorrow, so I can HOPEFULLY with all fingers crossed, drive it 30miles to my work, instead of tryin to get my buddies hyd lowboy and haul it.

I just gotta get it from his house to where I can work on it on my weekends at work when nobodys there---less distractions and all my tools are there as well the shop facilities.

OverSizeHeavyHauler

yeah, them Possums is cute. "Red Possum" was my handle when I pulled Oversize loads.
Romeo Papa would throw em for a loop when we would all rally up at a large delivery staging site.

crazywelder72

Holy crap! i got my a** kicked today also. It took about 1/2 hr this morning to get the HH out. I started at the cranks timing marks and danced with that for a awhile. I tried turning the fan, didnt work too well. i ended up bumping the starter while it was in neutral till the timing marks were about 12o'clock. Stuck it in 5th gear and i chained up my silverado to the front end and while i was on the duce's fender i could watch the marks as my friend backed up the chevy. Thats how we had to get it to line up the red tooth on the HH. (now it gets funny)

we never took the slack off the chains, and diddnt move a thing. we spent about 1/2 hr of the job just relaxing a bit. back up we go to reinstall and fought with that frig--n read tooth again. had us puzzled as ****. almost 2 hours later i saw that i never removed the larger o-ring :roll: and just when i think that was it i see the timing mark on the crank was off and rotated counter clockwise.:cookoo: i was like WTF? :whistle: Then it dawned on me that the compression must have slowly worked the piston back down in the reverse direction.
:grd:

So back to the chevy to aline the marks again with my friend. 20 min later it was in..

good quitting point for the day. 4 PITA hrs. What a horribly Painful lesson that was.

crazywelder72

me to... between learning, diagnosing, and trying to come up with a game plan. Not to mention the fenders are around 5' off the ground. The up, downs are exhausting and i am sick.

I think I'm going to just rest tomorrow.