• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemet-Ryan Air Show 6-11-11

armytruck63

I am planning on driving the M38A1 with my dad. There is no military radio attachment, but we will do CB. Plan B is the M1009 with PRC-25 already installed. Plan C is the M35A2 with the PRC-25 from the M1009 installed.

I had too many honey-do jobs this weekend to get the pre-run done. I will try to do it one evening this week.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll see about finding and installing a CB in the M109 for this. I do have a radio that we use for team airsoft, but I don't remember what freq's it uses.

armytruck63

I am planning on driving the M38A1 with my dad. There is no military radio attachment, but we will do CB. Plan B is the M1009 with PRC-25 already installed. Plan C is the M35A2 with the PRC-25 from the M1009 installed.

I had too many honey-do jobs this weekend to get the pre-run done. I will try to do it one evening this week.
Well, it looks like it will be plan B. My dad wants to trailer the M38A1 from the OC. My replacement boots for the deuce should be arrving today, but we have out of town guests all this week, so guess I won't get the boots replaced (unless I put my guests to work). I will put some sort of CB in the M1009.

deuceaid

Banned
Im forgetting regular names,( wasnt ever good with them anyway) Recorder - Armytruck Since your bringing the prc77 and prc25 ( which are combatible) I wont bring my ham rig, one less thing to pack. Are you guys going to display radios to public, or just test, If displaying I might bring a WW2 aircraft radio( then again its a 40 lbs brick).

SO Far........

Gottlos................. M1009..... CB..... Flashy lights............ Moreno convoy
Armytruck63......... M1009 .... CB..................................... Yucaipa -Moreno convoy
The Recorder........ M35? ...... CB(handheld)...... prc77..... Moreno convoy
BadCarp............... M109....... CB ..................................... Moreno convoy
BarneysZoo.......... M35.......... ?....................................... Moreno convoy
Met1 .....................M35...........Mil Spec gear ................... Moreno convoy
Deuceaid.............. M35......... CBs..... bc-348r ................. Yucaipa-moreno convoy

please tell me if this is in error........jason

Last edited:

Met1

M-35A2 and Cell phone (I'll mount it to a 2x4, spray it OD and tape an old fishing pole to it to make it look correct for the period)

armytruck63

Jason,
I thought Jim (theRecorder) was going to the airport directly from home since going on the convoy added a lot of distance for him.

Also in the Yucaipa convoy, my friend, let's call him Mentone Jim will be bringing his 1941 Dodge WC-1 pickup. He will be the slowest vehicle, so we should put him up front. I'm pretty sure he has a CB.

Kylia is mailing me 14 gate passes, but she says if we enter the airport as a group this is less important. I have her cell phone number in case we have any trouble.

I am thinking of taking the Mule on a car trailer behind my M1009. My dad, MVPA387, will be meeting us at the airport with the M38A1. I have some camoflage netting I can bring for shade.

I am still trying to make the pre-run one evening this week. I can print up a route map for everyone.

deuceaid

Banned
SO Far........

Gottlos................. M1009..... CB..... Flashy lights............ Moreno convoy
Armytruck63......... M1009 +Mule..... CB........................... Yucaipa -Moreno convoy
BadCarp............... M109....... CB ..................................... Moreno convoy
BarneysZoo.......... M35.......... ?....................................... Moreno convoy
Met1 .....................M35...........Mil Spec gear ................... Moreno convoy
Deuceaid.............. M35......... CBs..... bc-348r ................. Yucaipa-moreno convoy
Mentone Jim..........WC1.........CB.......................................
Yucaipa-moreno convoy

................................non-convoy...............................
The Recorder........ M35? ...... CB(handheld)...... prc77..... ?
MVPA1....................M38a1........................................................?

I will try to keep this post the most current. Jason

deuceaid

Banned
Hey Guys, to the main group that is going......

Does anyone need a spare tire that fits m35 , m109, m105, etc.. I have a few that are taking up space........... (anything from 60 % - 10 % tread -- I know 10 % isnt great,,,but if you dont have a spare at all)....... I really dont want to keep moving them... I would look for trade first,,, but good will (giving to fellow SS members) suits me just fine too.

the story is to long to post, but since i was looking for ham radio antennas, I wound up with more free MV stuff, and got the antennas free too, even though I was going to pay for them, funny what happens when you show up in a green truck...................;-)

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys, to the main group that is going......

Does anyone need a spare tire that fits m35 , m109, m105, etc.. I have a few that are taking up space........... (anything from 60 % - 10 % tread -- I know 10 % isnt great,,,but if you dont have a spare at all)....... I really dont want to keep moving them... I would look for trade first,,, but good will (giving to fellow SS members) suits me just fine too.
I don't have a spare currently, so would love to get my hands on one. Don't have much to trade but, what are your needs?

deuceaid

Banned
I don't have a spare currently, so would love to get my hands on one. Don't have much to trade but, what are your needs?
Bad Carp,,, pick one (spare), take it,,, we can talk about it later...I guess top on my list of wants (not needs) is a fuel tank, but I dont see a spare being worth a tank!!!! I would You rather just have something you might need or want,,, I have a few spares. bring some thick potato chips and real sour cream GREEN onion dip...

PS, sounds like a BBQ, so I wont bring MREs, but thanks for the offer!

deuceaid

deuceaid

Banned
SO Far........

Gottlos................. M1009.. CB. Flashy lights.Rear Guard..... Moreno convoy
Armytruck63......... M1009 +Mule..... CB............. Yucaipa -Moreno convoy
Deuceaid.............. M35......... CBs....................... Yucaipa-moreno convoy
Mentone Jim......WC1...CB...Convoy speedregulator....
Yucaipa-moreno convoy

................................non-convoy...............................
The Recorder........ M35? ...... CB(handheld)...... prc77..... ?
MVPA1....................M38a1.................... ....................................?

.............................KP...Duty.................................
Barneyszoo.......
Met1..................
deuceaid...........
others.......

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like we are having a BBQ. Do we know if they will allow that where we will be parked (could be next to a fuel depot for all I know). And if we are, maybe we should make a list of who is bringing what so we don't end up with hot dogs and burger buns....not that we couldn't make that work.

TheRecorder

"Jason,
I thought Jim (theRecorder) was going to the airport directly from home since going on the convoy added a lot of distance for him."

I am planning on meeting at the "second rendezvous check point - MV….Moreno Valley" with the M35 with the PRC-77 mounted, up and running on 51.00 mhz. CS D69 - Delta 69. The drive to this location is about the same as straight to the show. I would rather drive twice as far, for twice the fun.

I will have a fixed mounted video camera on the Deuce for the convoy. Just for fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks