• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets See Your 5-Ton!

Marcel

View attachment 400698View attachment 400697View attachment 400699View attachment 400700
Here's our 817. 1st pic shows us bringing her home from Ft Meade. 2nd one is all cleaned up for the Leonardtown (MD) Veterans' Day Parade. Last two are working around the farm (what we bought her for ... ;) no toys here, even the antiques have to earn their keep). Last shot shows her with the truck she was bought to replace -- both having just returned from a manure pickup. Yep, she's a real sh!t hauler :)

Semper Fi!
Nice tipper!

1943ht

Here are a couple of pics of my M818 Project.. added a turbo and new tires this year. 1 BEFORE pic attached .. still have to fabricate my spare tire mount.

P1000640.jpgP1000641.jpgP1000642.jpgP1000643.jpgP1000813.jpg

1943ht

As requested, here are some pics of my turbo setup .. opted to fabricate a crossover tube to run across the top of the engine instead of routing pipes around the back :beer: .. these pics are of my 1st attempt at the crossover tube.. redesigned the crossover tube to an oval shape (Lower profile more volume and fabricated it out of aluminum) .. truck is in storage out at a buds farm barn .. will get some pics of the new crossover when I get an opportunity ..

Last pic (354) shows the fender brace that I fabricated to support the air-cleaner on the right fender .. also fabricated a brace that runs from the front of the fender to the bumper .. exact mirror of what was on the left side fender. Without this brace set-up your right fender will vibrate like a tuning fork with the weight of the air-cleaner and that will (In my opinion) lead to a cracked or broken fender :?

P1000322.JPGP1000327.JPGP1000331.JPGP1000337.JPGP1000338.JPGP1000346.JPGP1000347.JPGP1000348.JPGP1000349.JPGP1000354.JPG

rrrr

The tructor is about done. Started as a M932a1 then added a shortened drop side deuce bed with troop seats, LED lights all around, and many more little mods with just a few left to do. I will be installing a HMMWV seat on the drivers side for a little more comfort.

Attachments

jw4x4

Another Tructor, this one from Ohio. Bought as a 932A1. Removed 5th wheel and ramps, drove to the Ga Rally. Installed a shortened 5 ton dropside bed with lots of help from great friends. Now needs bows, seats, and a tarp. Its still a work in progress. I love me some Tructor. Thanks to rrrr for the images of his build. I originally wanted a bobbed deuce, but went this route and haven't looked back.SSGR12m.jpgbed install 1.jpgSSGR12b.jpg

rrrr

Another Tructor, this one from Ohio. Bought as a 932A1. Removed 5th wheel and ramps, drove to the Ga Rally. Installed a shortened 5 ton dropside bed with lots of help from great friends. Now needs bows, seats, and a tarp. Its still a work in progress. I love me some Tructor. Thanks to rrrr for the images of his build. I originally wanted a bobbed deuce, but went this route and haven't looked back.
You're welcome on the images. Its been a fun build. Looking forward to using it a few times this next year. Did a local mudfest earlier this year and had fun. Here's a video to enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlkDqlSljBc

You're welcome on the images. Its been a fun build. Looking forward to using it a few times this next year. Did a local mudfest earlier this year and had fun. Here's a video to enjoy.
Did someone seriously think your truck was going to have a problem pulling that muddy h-3?
"Glad he's here, my favorite guy" LOL

MO MV man

I didn't see it with my own eyes but I heard that an "army truck" (as reported by a person who didn't know what model it was) got stuck at the event (before I got there) and it took a big track hoe and some sort of front loader to get it out.
Maybe rrrr can elaborate.
There were at least three big MV's roaming the grounds.
VERY cool.

rrrr

I didn't get stuck or my buddy with his M813. I did pull start a deuce due to bad batteries. Its funny pulling on something with the truck, a little tug and then you don't even feel them. I pulled a monster truck out and pulled him so hard I pulled the 5 foot right rear tire off the rim. It was hilarious. I didn't even have to give it much gas. The first time I pulled him out, yes I pulled him out twice, I broke his rear trailer hitch.

Last edited:

rrrr

Did someone seriously think your truck was going to have a problem pulling that muddy h-3?
"Glad he's here, my favorite guy" LOL
Its funny most of the pulls I did I didn't even give the truck any gas at all. This is the element these trucks are designed for. I'm looking forward to this next year and more fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks