• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 LMTV Fix-up Thread

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't call you a weekling. That crane is heavy and there was nothing fun about mounting it inside the canopy when it was hot outside by myself. Also glad its not just me that had the issue with the rivets interfering with the boom sliding in. Lastly do you see the hex bolt mounted on the bottom of the can holder rubbing a hole in the scepter cans?

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I wouldn't call you a weekling. That crane is heavy and there was nothing fun about mounting it inside the canopy when it was hot outside by myself. Also glad its not just me that had the issue with the rivets interfering with the boom sliding in. Lastly do you see the hex bolt mounted on the bottom of the can holder rubbing a hole in the scepter cans?
Yeah, it's a tank!

Genuine issue military "cans" (even though the new ones are plastic) have notches at the bottom so those bolts at the bottom will not rub. Something I didn't think to talk about in the video. Similar to how the mount itself has the bolt heads not flush.

Third From Texas

Not sure how i missed this video great as usual, but lets talk about that chair. is that custom or one that could be obtained
The seats are all stock LMTV seats. Pre-A1R have a metal plate under the seat, the A1R has no plate and won't smack your butt on every bounce). Not sure which he has here, but if they have a release lever they are the A0 style. If the have a release knob they are the A1R style.

If you are asking about the headrest behind the driver seat, that's an OEM A1R thing. The stowage box normally has a cargo net over the opening as seen there. I've never seen the box/headrest for sale, but I might know where one is available though.

Last edited:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seats are all stock LMTV seats. Pre-A1R have a metal plate under the seat, the A1R has no plate and won't smack your butt on every bounce). Not sure which he has here, but if they have a release lever they are the A0 style. If the have a release knob they are the A1R style.

If you are asking about the headrest behind the driver seat, that's an OEM A1R thing. The stowage box normally has a cargo net over the opening as seen there. I've never seen the box/headrest for sale, but I might know where one is available though.
not talking about the seats in the LMTV. talking about the rolling chair he had when fixing the air dryer.

Ronmar

That is a mechanics chair/creepr for a lift. I ended up returning it because I was hoping it would recline enough to go under the truck, but it didn't.
yea, I am tempted to build a maintenance trench in its normal parking spot. Its too far from the ground creeper to up in between the frame rails:) I saw an elevating creeper used by aircraft owners, but was a little too rich for my tastes and I will probably not ever have a pad or shop large enough anyway... Maybe a 36" X 36" trench say 12ft long? That would allow me to stand upright under much of the truck, or set on a stool under the low spots... At some point I am going to have to stop rolling around on the ground anyway...