• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very Nice! [thumbzup]

Is that a leveling gauge on your landing gear? I have some on the shelter that are missing the indicater, wonder if I can replace the missing parts.

RAYZER

Very Nice! [thumbzup]

Is that a leveling gauge on your landing gear? I have some on the shelter that are missing the indicater, wonder if I can replace the missing parts.
Thank you! Yes, it's a leveling gauge, there's one on the front of the gear too.
They are inexpensive plastic ones from camping world.

Jakelc15

That's a good idea, I'm going to have to go get a couple of those. I just freed up the rear leveling jacks on my trailer. Works better than backing up on wood blocks to try to level it.

RAYZER

That's a good idea, I'm going to have to go get a couple of those. I just freed up the rear leveling jacks on my trailer. Works better than backing up on wood blocks to try to level it.
You have rear leveling jacks on your m348?
None on mine but I can side level by pulling the pin on the landing gear cross bar, the rear suspension will twist to follow.
I would like to find an electric 12v motor conversation that would adapt to the gearbox on the landing gear (the one on my trailer is civi commercial),
Once I crank down to take some weight off the 5th wheel and pull out from underneath,
I have no less than 100 cranks of the handle in low gear to get to level.

Last edited:

Jakelc15

Yep, rear legs fold up. They are acme screws. They have a plate that goes on the bottom, kinda looks like a hand tamper.
When I unhook my trailer the front landing gear isn't even touching the ground. I leave them about 2"-4" up depending on how unlevel it is. Not as much cranking. That's what the ramps are for!
uploadfromtaptalk1404252036975.jpg

RAYZER

That's awesome and you could pull a support trailer behind as well!
I have a Teflon disk on my trailer fifth wheel plate (no grease needed), using the ramps tends to tear it up.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have rear leveling jacks on your m348?
None on mine but I can side level by pulling the pin on the landing gear cross bar, the rear suspension will twist to follow.
I would like to find an electric 12v motor conversation that would adapt to the gearbox on the landing gear (the one on my trailer is civi commercial),
Once I crank down to take some weight off the 5th wheel and pull out from underneath,
I have no less than 100 cranks of the handle in low gear to get to level.
You don't have the stock landing gear on your trailer? Did I miss that somewhere over the course of the build?
Did you change them because the stock ones were bad, or missing?

RAYZER

You don't have the stock landing gear on your trailer? Did I miss that somewhere over the course of the build?
Did you change them because the stock ones were bad, or missing?
Yep, back around post 260.
When i bought the trailer it was missing r side landing gear, i tried to find an original to replace it with but to no avail, so had to find a civi set, they work quite well.

Jakelc15

I was just looking for one of those Teflon plates. The grease gets really dirty when bobtailing. Kinda ironic that you posted about it!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray, you are going to need a bigger trailer. You pretty much have that one filled up inside and out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks