• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 to M932LA2 Conversion

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 40' lowboy this week so the pressure is on! The plan is to put the Deuce on the front and a 5 ton on the back for the ga rally! Check list for the next 7 weeks, cdl, stacks, finish up 5th wheel and air lines, sf-97 to title tow rig, air ride seats, and make sure new trailer is road worthy... With such a small list I'm not sure what I'll do with all of my spare time!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to move my truck 2 hrs away. I may go up there this weekend, if I do I will take pictures and measurements.
Sorry, brother had to work this weekend so I didn't drive up to work on the truck.

I looked through some pictures I had to see if any of them may help you.
20140530_162733.jpg20140530_163000.jpg20140608_080819.jpg20140608_080833.jpg

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, brother had to work this weekend so I didn't drive up to work on the truck.

I looked through some pictures I had to see if any of them may help you.
Thanks Mike I used your pictures to help me lay out bolt position on the angle. I got everything drilled last night just need to tighten it all up. 2am is a bit late for an impact even in the country! Here are some pictures of progress. And the tool that makes it possible.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Remember, tractors have a DROPPED rear cross member to clear the king pin if the ramps are used to hook up to a low trailer, without the DROPPED rear cross member, there is a very good chance the king pin WILL hit the rear cross member when hooking up and HANG up on it if the landing of the trailer is to low.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seem to recall a few people parting out tractors, maybe a drop cross member is available from one of them.

Is there much use for a rear winch on a tractor? With the truck having hydraulics already, I think that a winch might be useful.

Rick

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, tractors have a DROPPED rear cross member to clear the king pin if the ramps are used to hook up to a low trailer, without the DROPPED rear cross member, there is a very good chance the king pin WILL hit the rear cross member when hooking up and HANG up on it if the landing of the trailer is to low.
I did notice in all of my searching that the rear cross member is dropped. The pintle is also different. I have a trailer that has always used ramps but I guess for now I'm going to install jacks and search for a rear setup to match 931. The truck is almost ready to ride! I am going to have to wait to install stacks because they are going to mount to sleeper instead of cab like I originally planned. I have a bad check valve on the front brakes so I'm going to get the new one installed today then make a test drive. I'll get some pictures later today. Thanks for the input!

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it hooked up tonight no issue with rear crossmember! I am going to install jacks to hold the trailer at the proper height anyway. I took it for a spin around the block it performs pretty well. I had only driven the truck with front brakes not compleatly releasing so compared to that it will fly! I am sad to say I am going to have to put the stock muffler and exhaust back on for now, because I am going to have to mount the new stacks to the sleeper cab. I was hoping to mount them to the truck cab, but it will not work as easily as I had hoped. Below are a few pictures and I will get a picture of the whole rig in the daylight.

Attachments

PowerstrokeNC

Not exactly sure if you mean PTO shaft or rear drive shaft. The rear drive shaft was lengthened 28". I kept it as a single shaft so no mid bearing. Air lines were extended as well, PTO did not change.
I was meaning rear driveshaft, did you extend it or have a shop do it? I was curious of the cost of this piece of the mod if you don't mind sharing. Thanks

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who put concrete in my truck?

I took the floor mat out of the truck and found the "corrosion resistant coating "! This stuff is not flat at all and it is driving me crazy so I welded up a new bit for my hammer drill and chipped it all out. I also discovered one place where the floor was rusted out. I am going to repair the hole then put that bed coating on the floor pan. I am also going to install new floor mat that will not have the battery box cut out. Then she will be ready for the new air ride seats! This should be nicer than the lawn chair I'm using to move the truck around...

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What else do you planning on hauling? I love the setup. You going to paint everything to match?
Thanks I'm liking it too! I plan on throwing a m817 or a m923 on it as well. I just got my SF-97 so I'm trying to get everything road worthy for GA SS rally. As far as paint goes the truck will be green and trailer will most likely be black.

That looks awesome. I have a 931 that I plan on bobbing. My brother has a 925. So we're trading. I'll give him the bobbed 931, and I'll Convert the 925 just like this. Might even take the winch off the front of the 925 and mount it behind the cab like a winch truck.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks awesome. I have a 931 that I plan on bobbing. My brother has a 925. So we're trading. I'll give him the bobbed 931, and I'll Convert the 925 just like this. Might even take the winch off the front of the 925 and mount it behind the cab like a winch truck.
That sounds like a good trade! The only difficult part was getting the 26 rivets out to slide the suspension and inside channel back. Having the winch on the back of the truck would be pretty cool because you could mount a fairlead to the top of the trailer and use the winch to pull things onto it, that is a great idea!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks