• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 to M932LA2 Conversion

Naterik

I feel your pain on the rivets and sliding the crossmember, that was the absolute worst part of my 925a2 bobber build last winteraua. I took the trunnion crossmember completely out of the frame, cut it down and rebuilt it to the size of a standard crossmember and reinstalled it to free up space inside the frame since the bobber would no longer require the massive x brace member.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I've added is a gooseneck hitch and air ride seats. I've been just trying to get both trucks ready for the Ga rally. I had to throw in the towel for now. I am going to tear back into it when I get back.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get your goose neck hitch? Is this something you made or purchased? Saw it at the ga rally

Attachments

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Build. I see your adding the Sleeper cab from an otr tractor. Ever thought about just getting another M923 cab, removing the doors and then welding steel in place to enclose the unit?

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get your goose neck hitch? Is this something you made or purchased? Saw it at the ga rally
It is something I made. I was considering putting in a different sleeve in the neck of the trailer but it would've made the trailer sit up even higher. So I used the lower hitch I built which worked a little better.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Build. I see your adding the Sleeper cab from an otr tractor. Ever thought about just getting another M923 cab, removing the doors and then welding steel in place to enclose the unit?
Thank you very much but I never really thought of using another nine series cab. It may work but I think I like the added width of the sleeper cab.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. Do you have the dimensions/specs of the plate? Did you weld or bolt to the truck?

Not yet. Had a change of plan. The 250 in my 925 dump started to dump water into the oil. So we transplanted the hoist onto my brothers 925. I have a 350 small cam in an international tractor that I plan to drop into my 925. Once that is done, then I can swap everything from my 931, and Mount the winch behind the cab. Then finish bodding the 931. Just small stuff....

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not yet. Had a change of plan. The 250 in my 925 dump started to dump water into the oil. So we transplanted the hoist onto my brothers 925. I have a 350 small cam in an international tractor that I plan to drop into my 925. Once that is done, then I can swap everything from my 931, and Mount the winch behind the cab. Then finish bodding the 931. Just small stuff....
Yeah no big deal just an afternoon of wrenching and you'll have it done... You're a man after my own heart. I always tell people it's a good thing that I don't have anyone like myself or a guy like you living close by.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The next step on the truck is an air to air intercooler! It's from a 11.1 Detroit it's a perfect fit. So far I've removed the hood, moved the radiator back 2 1/2 inches. I also reindexed the turbo compressor, removed the after cooler then started scratching my head... The task of gutting it is not as easy as I'd hoped. I'm going to mill it out this week. Also working on permanently mounting the cooler and the plumbing.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the update. A 4 axle deuce tractor... interesting. How'd you mount the 3rd axle? Is it steerable?
I used another dog bone setup. It is live and not steerable it's really not noticeable as far as general driving but I have not loaded it very heavy yet. The only load was an empty lowboy and it still did well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks