• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Me Vs Windsor Township - Victory

BobS

I would suggest SS take up a collection (maybe through PayPal?) to help out. I pledge $100.00 here and now to help out. Just let me know where to send it.

Best regards,

Bob

jayjetseck

let me know if you need another duece to visit im up to support a brother !!i live in strinestown, about 30 mins away !! be loud and proud !!! ill bring the victory drink

pa.rich

Frank, I think the cost to appeal is a big crock. Thanks for fighting it. Some of these towns are insane about the cosmetics stuff. When I lived in North Jersey The town ordinance stated, no trucks parked outside. They had to be garaged. I applied for a permit and wanted a 3 stall garage for the business trucks and my car. They said no. I looked for commercial property and just couldnt afford it. A man up the street ran a business in construction just like mine, he had a barn which he converted to a 3 stall plus a dumpster parked next to it with a loading ramp. He moved there after me and was assistant building inspector. That stunk. I fought it and no one bothered me after that .I parked wherever I pleased. I moived away to rural Pa. 10 years later. Fight it tooth and nail Frank. Its not fair.Please keep us updated. Thanks.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Let me know if you decide to piss off your neighbor, I will bring up 3 of my 5-tons. You know I am only 15 minutes away.

Crazyguypa

OMG guys should see the circus that has been at my house since 430pm. FOX43 the local station called my wife and said they wanted an interview today at 715pm. They have been here since 430pm and are still here. They are going live with the story at 10pm, I never thought I would get a response like this. I have met so many people in the neighborhood I have never met before saying they support me and this is a crock of shit.

I had to wear my ECC shirt and plugged the website. Hopefully that will be on the air tonight, positive support for the hobby is great.

I also got interviewed for about an hour by the local newspaper.

The funniest thing to happen is a husband of a local complainer confonted me tonight, wondering why for 2 days in a row a news crew came to his house wanting an interview. How the hell would I know...... :?:

i told the wife I should have sold tickets to this circus......and she needed to break out the popcorn machine....

lets see some popcorn

Somemedic

:popcorn: The old man confronted you?!?! Sounds like some media type did a little homework and found out who your "unhappy" neighbor was.

Seahag... shes just upset cuz it brings back memories of when the 7th cavalry came back home and she was there to greet them...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sounds like a slam dunk in your favor. I think I would now demand to me my accuser and let the support folks use the old tar and feathers routine on her, followed ny a quick trip out of town...on a rail.
Then sue the HOA/Township to reinbursement for attorney fees, punitive damages,loss of sleep and sex drive. Dollar figure to the tune of 1 million. Then settle out of court for $ 52,463.09. Then buy some more..non- recreational vehicles.

Racky

Good job keep it up.I too am from Jersey and dont take any *&^%$# crap either.I guess when Jersey sued PA Over ther welcome sign that read Welcome to PA where America begins.Either some slime fell off the visiting attorneys and grew into your neighbor or She got her bleeding heart, tree hugging ,liberal, busy body, DUMB A##.run out of some where else.

Stand Your Ground And Be Proud
Racky

54reo

Good luck Frank, and know that we are supporting you.

This is a great opportunity for us (as a site and a hobby) to show what kind of professionals we are. I have a feeling a few eyes will be on us, and that is a positive thing.

I can't help but feel that some people think we are "that weird guy with the army truck". This is a chance to show others that we are part of a wonderful hobby that is aimed at preserving history, educating others, and allowing the next generation the opportunity to come in physical contact with a piece of that history.

randyscycle

Man what an f'ed up neighbor.....Good thing is that when this is all over, they will have to leave due to all the negative publicity. I'd be sure theor name was well-known all over.

I had a similar neighbor when I lived in a townhouse complex years ago. She was a renter and neighborhood busy body on welfare to boot and with about 3 or 4 kids running around at all hours. She decided that because I rode a motorcycle and parked it in front of my car covered, that I was in violation of the HOA and had an inoperative vehicle. The HOA flunkies came out without even lifting the cover to see the current plates, and proceeded to use a large safety pin to attach their notice to my very expensive new cover.

Furious, I delivered the new cover, with note attached to the HOA president's desk personally, along with the current registration, receipt for the cover and vehicle in question parked right out front of the office. I then explained that the next door neighbor who had complained also seemed to have an inoperative vehicle in her parking space (I removed her license plates and trashed them the previous evening in an after-dark mission) and that they should attend to that immediately after writing me a check for my new cover they ruined, or I'd be calling the law.

In less than an hour, the check was written and an HOA rep was looking at the vehicle in violation next door to me.

I never had anymore problems from that neighbor again.

nattieleather

Good luck with this....I'm reminded though of an old saying....You can't fight city hall. Well you can, but they will make life heck for you if you win. It will be little BS things that they would normally over look...like your grass is 1/8 to tall or your gutters need painting or some other nit picking thing. This will keep up till you get tired and sell the house and move....

Don't miss understand I'm behind you 100% but I've been there before and there is 1 of you and 30 of them and they just keep coming at you till you give in. I wish you luck.

Crazyguypa

OH My ....The township is not going to like me very much after that Tv interview. I'll post up the webcast in the morning, should be up by then.

Did any of you local guys see the webcast? Funny or what :D

Tibby

It seems to me that if there was a complaint made, the township should have a record of it. Since it is public business on the public tax dollar, the complaint (including the identity of the complainer) should be public information. I would demand to see it. If they operate on anonymous calls, then I would mention that whenever I could. The other thing I would be doing is taking every opportunity to embarass the compliance officer and township by pointedly pointing out that the vehicle is not an RV. Ask why things seem to be at the whim of the compliance officer. I don't know about PA, but Illinois has RV plates, which curiously enough, define you as an RV, not a truck of car or motorcycle, etc. Gee . . . a sports car could be classified as a RV.

rwelker

Just viewed the on air live broadcast a few minutes ago; I looked for a link on the station's website but it's not posted yet. I'm sure that HOA is wishing they would have been patriotic and told that whiner to go pound sand. If the courts determine it's a recreational vehicle I'll be the first at the PA DOT demanding license for an RV at
RV rates for my trucks.

rwelker

I just tried to get onto Windsor Township's website and it appears to be down. Do you think they have gotten a lot of response over this?

Somemedic

Hells yeah! You know if you take this over to Ernie's house of whoop azz he will post it. He loves military anything and with all the traffic he gets there will be guys calling councilmen and mayors for weeks at all hours. You will triple ur publicity if he posts it.

http://www.ehowa.com/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks