• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Me Vs Windsor Township - Victory

Crazyguypa

I emailed MSNBC with the links to the news casts and the newspaper article...no word yet from them, but it's only been a few hours.

In reguards to the complaintant, she thinks she's above the law. Runs stop signs every day (m-f), kids ride bike w/o helmets (pa state mv law) and puts up an illegal pool, I have all this on video. However, that said the roads in the development are not adopted by the township, therfore they are considered private and the leo's can't give tickets for any of that stuff. Trust me I have tried and the cops are mad beacuse they can't give out tickets. Only for major violations like DUI and reckless driving. :x

I know alot of leo's via the wife, she was a waitress for 16 years....she know just about everyone it seems. That won't get me out of trouble but I abide by the "antique" restrictions and the leo's (the ones i have talked too) think the township is out to lunch and doesn't have a leg to stand on. They consider it a "pick-up"...just a really big one.

M37Dodge

Frank - maybe you should contact the Antique Automobile Club of America - HQ in Hershey PA with their museum. They have 1000's of members - incl antique trucks. They may want to participate. They have great resources and connections.

poppop

Frank, you are doing a very good job here and I think you will win. Wish I was closer so i could bring my trucks in support.

saddamsnightmare

August 23rd, 2008.
[thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup]
Crazyguypa:

Having likely bidded against you now and then for deuce parts on EBAY, let me say I loved your initial interview (TV) which elenwil was kind enough to post...... and I applaud your standing up to the township.... Cut me in for $20.00 against your lawyers bill, but I do think you're going to win this one legally.... and the Township will have to cover your legal expenses.....
If you want to drive your neighbors truely nuts, buy a caboose or locomotive..... oops, not allowed under the HOA, now I know why I lived in West Virginia and now Texas..... Too much space for the busybodies to keep an eye on... TOO many well armed Texans to resist such encroachments.... If you can get MEDLOG to start to trace your truck's history, depending on its age (like mine), it may have been in one or two wars, police operations, whatever, and you can now portray the truck as a veteran that should be respected....THAT will drive your detractor's absolutely NUTS!!!!! USE it in a coupla parades for the VFW/AL, Boyscouts, whatever, all it gets you is more supporters for a coupla bucks of diesel fuel..... We're not nuts, just crafty.......
Also, I looked over the Township's recreational vehicle ordinance posted above..... According to the wording as written.... IT DOESN'T APPLY....! The truck is a state registered highway vehicle with off road capabilities.... There is Insurance and Plates on the vehicle..... It passed inspection.... it operates..... and yes, here in Texas, my M35A2 is according to its title.....A 5 Ton Pick Up truck!!! Heck, yours has backup lights and convoy lights, way more then most M35's are equipped with...... I would start looking for motorhomes and other such RV's and keep track of them parked on the streets of the township..... I'm sure more people with more pain will back you up if they see their vehicles threatened also.....
I don't know if Pa. has it in its law, but many states allow suits against the initiator of spurious or frivolous suits and complaints, making them liable to monetary fines and losses.... When you win this case, after taking the township on and whupping them, I'd sicc the lawyer on the complaintant for costs, and suffering (mental, physical and any others your legal beagle can dig up......Tort is such fun.... You'll be out 33% of your win.... but the complaintant will be out a bit more.... Revenge is a meal best eaten cold...but it always tastes right proper......

I'm still betting you're going to toast em on this one.... :beer:

Sincerely,
Kyle F. McGrogan :popcorn:

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer'
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB

wiggall

I would also talk to neighbors , or people in the near area that might have older vehicles, and four wheel drives. If she wins they will be next in line. As far as the LEO'S go ( IS NOT RUNNING STOP SIGNS RECKLESS DRIVING? ) What ever you do DO NOT GIVE HER ANYMORE AMMO TO USE AGAINST YOU! I fnow that having a bunch of friends show up at your house with their trucks sounds good, but you might turn some or your neighbors who are for you against you. You are on thin ice so be carefull. Put your truck in the parades, drive it around, park it at the VFW, in the park, and let people LOOK AT IT, KIDS CLIMB ON, and IN. I have had mine in two pradades after getting her in June, and one Car Show. Some kids came by I told them that if the wanted to they could climb in. I was a HIT. One father was trying to get a photo of his young son by the truck. I told him to put the kid on a fender, and behind the wheel. He thanked me for litting me do it. The more positive the things that you do for the public the better off you are. Tell LEO that if they need YOUR TRUCK IN CASE OFA FLOOD THAT YOU ARE MORE THAM WILLING TO HELP THEM. FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969=1973

BillIdaho

Idaho is standing beside you in this. We don't have NEAR the problems I hear about in the eastern U.S. That being said, this must be addressed and stopped. As Barney Fife would have said "nip it in the bud!".
Having taken on city hall several times over the years, I have learned, in your case, the violations of running stop signs,etc, might make her look bad, but remember making her look bad DOES NOT make you look good. Have the facts, and win this on its own merit. Example: I want to erect a tower for my ham radio. City code somehow classifies ALL antennas over 8 feet higher than your house as a "cell-tower" subject to impact studies, 8 foot fences, permits, neighbor approvals, etc. There are a gaggle of them already around town. None have jumped through those hoops I mentioned. People just put them up. Would it help my argument if I went to a meeting and proclaimed " look at all the other antennas up without a permit"? Maybe. BUT it might also send the city another message--they will start going around and making life difficult for the others.
Kind of " two wrongs don't make a right". NOT that you are wrong in ANY way, but that mentality prevails.
You can win this with facts, logic, and truth. Attempting to make her "violations" somehow relevant to you defending yourself against this claim brought against you, might only muddy the water.
If any of the press decide to tranform this into a "personal" battle between you and any person in particular......you have much to lose and very little to gain. Trust me, if this goes good and it is decided that they spoke improperly, whoever she works for will not be happy. Money talks. Paying someone to goof things up and bring bad press in bad business.

ramy

jayjetseck said:
let me know if you need another duece to visit im up to support a brother !!i live in strinestown, about 30 mins away !! be loud and proud !!! ill bring the victory drink
There are several of us in Dover with trucks that could show up for support. Let us know!

54reo

Bill said:
Idaho is standing beside you in this. We don't have NEAR the problems I hear about in the eastern U.S. That being said, this must be addressed and stopped. As Barney Fife would have said "nip it in the bud!".
Having taken on city hall several times over the years, I have learned, in your case, the violations of running stop signs,etc, might make her look bad, but remember making her look bad DOES NOT make you look good. Have the facts, and win this on its own merit. Example: I want to erect a tower for my ham radio. City code somehow classifies ALL antennas over 8 feet higher than your house as a "cell-tower" subject to impact studies, 8 foot fences, permits, neighbor approvals, etc. There are a gaggle of them already around town. None have jumped through those hoops I mentioned. People just put them up. Would it help my argument if I went to a meeting and proclaimed " look at all the other antennas up without a permit"? Maybe. BUT it might also send the city another message--they will start going around and making life difficult for the others.
Kind of " two wrongs don't make a right". NOT that you are wrong in ANY way, but that mentality prevails.
You can win this with facts, logic, and truth. Attempting to make her "violations" somehow relevant to you defending yourself against this claim brought against you, might only muddy the water.
If any of the press decide to tranform this into a "personal" battle between you and any person in particular......you have much to lose and very little to gain. Trust me, if this goes good and it is decided that they spoke improperly, whoever she works for will not be happy. Money talks. Paying someone to goof things up and bring bad press in bad business.

VERY well put, a lot of great points in his post Bill.

jayjetseck

maybe we can meet at dover high school and head out from there? i know mt. zion off road has a duece but dont know those guys but if anyone else does maybe we can meet there and they could join the convoy. let me know what you think

ramy

jayjetseck said:
maybe we can meet at dover high school and head out from there? i know mt. zion off road has a duece but dont know those guys but if anyone else does maybe we can meet there and they could join the convoy. let me know what you think
Mike at Mount Zion Offroad is getting his deuce bobbed and doesn't have it back yet.

I plan to take mine to work that day and leave from work at 5 to head down. I work just off the Emigsville exit of 83. I'd rather meet there or somewhere along the way.

steelandcanvas

Bill said:
Good advice, great way of looking at the situation Bill.

Crazyguypa

Good advice Bill. I am optomistic on winning this on wednesday. The zoning officer is trying to make his own determination that the truck I own is a recreational vehicle even though PENNDOT, whom I talked to on thursday says its a truck. State beats local. Also it is tagged antique, and the gentleman I spoke to on thursday was sending a message to the research department on whether or not PA tags recreational vehicles "antique" I do not believe so and neither did he. I also spoke to the local state representative on friday morning. He says "how can they call this a recreational vehicle, their crazy".

It's also funny that as of wednesday (8/20/08 the day after the fist news station coverage) the RV, travel trailers, pools in the front yard along the main street outside of the developement have since disappeared. They had been there for years, and now a little news coverage and **poof** they have disappeared. Funny how now things get noticed.

It's still not going to change the point, imo, that the township is wrong and they do not have the right to classify my truck as recreational when the state says its a truck.

For those of you who want to come to the meeting wednesday it starts promptly at 6pm at the township building
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Windsor&state=PA&address=1480+Windsor+Rd&zipcode=17356

if you want to follow me to the meeting, i'm only 5 mins away, and make one hell of an entrance I'll be leaving my house around 515pm. The news stations will be waiting for a convoy of trucks to pull in :D time to get your mug on TV

my address
Frank Garguilo
215 Thomas Armor Dr
Windsor, Pa 17366
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Windsor&state=PA&address=215+Thomas+Armor+Dr&zipcode=17366

This is an open invitational to all, the more the merrier.

I also would just like to say THANKS for all you support. I never thought a few little emails to the news stations would cause such a frenzy. The support from you guys here on SS and from the community and surrounding area is overwhelming.

Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks