• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Me Vs Windsor Township - Victory

reddawnready

well its nice to see the media used for something good for a change, the HOA were I lived forced me to take down a wreath with red white and blue lights on it, they told me christmas was over. I told them that they were freedom lights. They asked when I would be done celebrating with them. I told them that since this America that I would have them up for a long time. Well I'm down to just my flag now.
keep up the good work
best of luck to you

DanMartin

Frank, you sir are my Hero. :) Thanks for standing up for the rest of us. Every little bit helps. If you are a member of any of the local enthusiast groups, you should get them involved too.

That last name sounds Paizan...and from Jersey too. They don't stand a chance man.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Srjeeper

Frank I certainly hope this comes out in your favor.

Some points I think you should mention are, 1. The truck is not an Off Road Recreational Vehicle, but in fact a Cargo Truck that is Off Road capable. Data plates list operating limits for both On road and Off road. 2. It is NOT a Commerical Vehicle by either State or Federal standards and requires only a Class C car license to operate. The complainer could legally drive it if she got her head outta her azz long enough. In reality what you have there is a Large Pick Up Truck that happens to be a bit more capable then most others that are parked in your neighborhood.

Hang in there......if a convoy becomes necessary, let us know.

Crazyguypa

here's the webcast from last night for those of you who are not local.

http://fox43.trb.com/

and here's the top local story from the local newspaper

http://www.inyork.com/local/ci_10259249

I will be my next paycheck the township does not like me very much right now :shock:

The hearing is next week, Wednesday the 27th at 6pm. If some of the local guys would show up, that would be awesome. I am told at least 2 news stations (the 2 that did the interviews so far) and the local newspaper will be on hand for the hearing.

The township wants to make a spectle of this.....well I'll give em one

CGarbee

Frank,
I've gotta say that you are comming across just right in those interviews. :) Calm, articulate, and patriotic (and with a great shirt as well).
It looks like the bulk of the folks in your area are behind you, as are we.
Wish I was closer, I'd drive up in the five ton for the hearing.

Good luck.

PS: I posted about this (a short sumary and the links to the videos and news story) on a couple other MV sites that I frequent.

No.2Diesel

Well done. I'm happy that you chose to fight instead of flee like so many do. Local government is more of an enemy to Pure Freedom than any terrorist will ever be. Its those who are appointed and not elected that have the power to impose restrictions on Life & Liberty. The type of person that seeks a position on a board or commitee that judges their own neighbors on property rights is well...........not a nice person inside. Thats all I'll say about that. :D

After your battle with the busybodies you need to take a victory vacation with your M35A2 to the RC Offroad Rally :p Only 78 miles away...

rizzo

check your state laws. The state of Michigan gives power to the townships by law. These laws say what the townships have power to do or not do. i have seen a lot cases in MI where the township ordinance is illegal and they don't have any power to make it. Should be the same system in your state.
example:
in MI this is the 1 of the 2 laws I have found that say townships are allowed to make ordinances
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(hxi10455aifmrp45cpdovm55))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-42-15

here is the 2nd of 2 laws that allow townships to make ordinances.
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(hxi10455aifmrp45cpdovm55))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-125-3201

the way i read it, unless they are making an ordinance allowed in these two laws it is illegal.

any comments from lawyers?

M37Dodge

Keep up the fight Frank.

I am glad you acquired counsel. That was a wise decision. I am sure he is brushing up on the procedures to be used in the hearing (Robert's rules?) in addition to Title 75 and your local zoning rules.

I plan to take off early Wednesday to observe the hearing and lend my support.

I live in E-town (close to Bainbridge). Give a shout if you need a hand/advice/tool or convoy partner to drive up to Rausch Creek in October:)
Drew M.

breslin

I just found this on the windsor website. It seems now they want to have it both ways it is a RV and a truck. Keep the fight up.

Appl. No. Z08-8-01 – Francis M. Garguilo, Jr. – 215 Thomas Armor Drive,
Windsor, PA 17366. An Appeal of the Zoning Officer’s decision dated June 18,
2008 is being requested in regards to the parking of a recreational vehicle/truck at
215 Thomas Armor Drive in the Residential (R-1) zone.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just listening to something on WSBA, 910 AM out of York, PA (right next door to Windsor) saying that there will be a new anti-freedom anti-American program called "Project Clean Sweep". Something about going door to door in the area of York PA looking for folks that have vehicles that are unregistered and/or against town code, and owners will be fined, the vehicles towed. The ad on the news was pretty quick, I hope I got the details correct.

Boatcarpenter

It would seem to me that in no way does the Deuce fall under the Townships' definition of recreational vehicle, even letter (g). It would take a very long stretch of the definition to even come close.
Another point. Section 3, Operation of a recreational Vehicle on Township Property. You should check to see if all people with registered or legally tagged"trail bikes and/or motorcycles" (expressly made for offroading, as defined in Section 1) have written permission to ride them on Township Property,as required in Section 3, which I would think would include Township roads.(Driving on Township Roads to get to offroading places). The Ordinance speaks to a persons "real property", but does not specifically define Township property( to mean Conservation Land, Nature Trails and the like where people might use such recreational vehicles,) so Township Roads would be included.
Another point, the ordinance claims "to provide for the reasonable regulation of recreational vehicles........blah, blah" If they try to nail you they are not being "reasonable" and you are not creating any of the hazards and conditions that the Ordinance is designed to prevent.
Just a few thoughts from someone who deals with this sort of thing on a monthly basis.
Good Luck :driver:
BC

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Frank Saw you on FOX -43 last night. You did a good job expressing yourself . Good luck, if you need anything give me a call. JOHN,

Crazyguypa

Thanks for all the comments and support guys. It means alot.

I would like to have as many of you who can, to come to the hearing with you trucks. The bigger the better. You don't have to come in or stay long if you don't want, but the showing of support and others with vehicles is enough to send a posiitve message.

I will be bringing mine (of course) all dressed up with flags a flying. It's going to be a circus there. I have been told from alot of people in the area and from here on the site that they plan on coming, if it holds true that will be a huge message to the council alone.

ah1955

I have been following this and I have a few things to add that are probably not going to go over too well but here goes anyway.
Did you see the actual complant? this woman that you are blamming could just be piling on, if you have anyone in your neighbood that is paying X# dollers to store motorhomes,campers, or boats they may be alittle bitter and want to know why you are not.
Be very careful to can of worms you open with that antique tag, people say that LEO won't mess with you, well they will, if they are schooled they will use the knowage to show you that they do know the laws.You go to the meeting then that was your one day for that week, then they watch and wait.
Just something to think about sorry if I rubbed some wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks