• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received some questions about the details on the Solar System. Disclaimer, I am no solar expert, so if you see somthing that looks out of specs, please let me know.

-2 each 200W Kosta Solar Panels with wiring connections for additional panels
-2 each 55W MANPAC foldables (when I need a boost)
-EPEVER 40AMP Controler with WIFI real time monitoring and Bat Temp sensor
-ANDROID tablet for system monitoring
-2 100AH AGM Lightcatcher Solar Batteries-just ordered a 3rd (probably will go with 2 more in the future)
-Blue Streak 6 Gang Fuze block
-Circut Breakers 2 200A DC and 2 50A
-4500W Pure Sinwave INVERTER.verse 7000 due to efficiency
20200926_171625.jpg
20201002_165124.jpg

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\MAIL CALL//

Great day, more deliveries.

A MAZonSEAFLOW 21 Series Pressure Sensitive 12V Pump 1.2gpm, 35psi, 4amp max on demand

Aux Heater fuel pickuptube

Android/kindle case for solar system

20201003_154141.jpg20201003_154117.jpg
20201003_154550.jpg20201003_154020.jpg

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lil progress. Got that heavy sob fridge freezer in the back of the shelter..I think I dropped a nut or 10 and got the counter top done
20201006_173629.jpg20201006_175445.jpg
20201006_180404.jpg

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question for anyone with the AX56L and running from the DC power plug or just knowledgable

I am up on system back up battieries, and would like to tie into my solar system through the solar input plug pictured above. I checked the book for how this plug is wired, but did not find that infomation. Maybe I missed it. The DC plug and corresponding cable that plugs into it has a black and a white wire. Thr third terminal deadheads at the back of the cannon plug

Black ground, white +??..I dont want to let the smoke out.

I probed around with a DVOM, and I am just not sure..anyone ??

Any idea on watts/amps..I guess 3 amp, hence the fuse??

I did some more checking in the book, according to the A-2 Scems, connector J8 on motherboard, shows pin 1 as 15VDC and pin 2 as ground, so I should be able to OHMS check the connector and when I hit a ground, the meter should give me that ground indicator..

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, we are good to go,

Black is confirmed ground, white is confirmed + on the DC connector..

We are hooked up to solar and charging on board batteries as well as running compressor..load on solar controller when AX56L set to freeze is 6.1amps, once temp reached, in standby, draw is .5amp, when DC power is cut, it switches over to batteries, and same goes for AC, when you plug in AC, it switches over to AC..Although I decided to cut power to DC Solar circut before plugging in AC.

Book says 24 to 48 hours on backup dual 21ah batteries. Testing that tonight..running in cool mode 4.0 C on batteries only. Will check it this morning after 12 hours and see where battery% is

Thank you for the help and found my answer on page A-2 of the schems

Plugged in AC..batteries up to 20%. Freeze down to -22.9C. Both green lights a blaze
20201009_203342.jpg
20201009_204048.jpg
Rich

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\MAIL CALL//

Fleebay picked up a little single action faucet..

Search: RV Home Kitchen Cold or Hot Water Dispenser. Rubbed Bronze , New In Package
20201010_040149.jpg

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little story,

I bought a second one of these AX56L basically for parts. When I picked it up in PA, the power supply was disconnected.

So when I got iit back to the house, I wired it up, and yup, blew the breaker. SO I tossed it in the corner after taking the batteries, which were still good.

Today, for the heck of it, I swapped power supplies from my working system from above, and it blew a breaker again...scratching my head...it was just working in the other unit..Well, I OHM out the plug, and guess what, someone had wacked off the power plug, and put a replacement hospital grade plug on the end, and had wired the ground wire to the B leg of the outlet..deadshort..So I fixed that mystery, and guess what, I now have two working units..probably was junked for that very reason, "blew the breaker everytime someone plugged it in"

I guess I will use one for freezer and one for fridge..:)

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They pop up every now and then..a 10000 unit that can be had for under 300..

Type acu temp or ax56l

"COACHGEO interesting. didnt know that gizmo existed.. what does one keep an eye out for on gov. planet for a beast like that? I do have a Dometic one though"

I have been priceing those Dometics and other types, great stuff, compact, solar capable, just SOOOO darn expensive. I have had a couple in my watch list for a year..

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\MAIL CALL//

Fleebay- got my 12v, VLW pump for the heat exchanger system, spent 3 hours chasing fittings around town.. just about there

Spent alot of time building my own version of the wall and had to pay for it myself :)

I think it came out well,
20201018_230318.jpg
I also plumbed to the outside the shower drain, cut another hole through the floor, finalized the shower pan install and installed the backer board and first sheet of FRP (key is lots of construction adhesive, and good even pressure applied to the wall) along with rolling the FRP sheet to make sure all the air is out.

I started on the sink drain, and that should tie in nice with the shower drain

Post a picture in a few minutes

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks