• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\MAIL CALL//

Just about got all the parts for the exhaust/water heat exchanger and exhaust system just waiting on elbow reducer
20200920_065855.jpg
Muffler will not be used and is shown for id/od size comparison only

Sorry, should have included source for heat exchanger
Search FLEEBAY for: HEAT-X 200XS Heat Exchanger WP 400 PSIG

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coachgeo

Heat Exchanger

Search FLEEBAY for HEAT-X 200XS Heat Exchanger WP 400 PSIG

\\MAIL CALL// on a sunday :)
I really like getting packages on Sunday

3/4 Street and copper plug

Turned the 3/4 plug down on the mill to 24mm ID and soldered everything together. Ready for install

Last edited:

coachgeo

Coachgeo

Heat Exchanger

Search FLEEBAY for HEAT-X 200XS Heat Exchanger WP 400 PSIG

\\MAIL CALL// on a sunday :)
I really like getting packages on Sunday

3/4 Street and copper plug

Turned the 3/4 plug down on the mill to 24mm ID and soldered everything together. Ready for install
that is a very reasonable price.

some have made use of an EGR removed from various cars for same purpose. Sometimes you can get them for free

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what is the plan with the scavenger? Use it to pre-heat water in a tank? Or send it through there on way to on-demand unit? Do you manually send it there or is that the default? How do you account for cold weather situations?

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its only to keep water from freezing,

There will be a 12v circ pump that when the heater is blowing due to temps below preset as set on guage for habitat, the pump will come on and circulate warm water through the plumbing system and back to the tank to keep things from freezing.

Not sure of the efficency of the exchanger/and heater exhaust output, so that may change how I activate the pump

I figure with the temps in the habitat up at a constant, the R factor of the shelter, and all water related components inside the shelter, I am hopeful that I can keep water from freezing

I went with this heatexchanger unit as the diameter of exhaust input/ouput is larger then the jp8 heater unit, its straight pass through and I was thinking backpressure in this case would not be good

Yup-thats where the idea came from, I have been studying his videos for awhile. Hopefully an improvement..

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for some help, I need to make an ingress/egress to the habitate so that a 75year young person who had a mild stroke a few years ago, can climb up into the habitate. I have scoured the internet for cheap DIY options, but have not really found anything.

Was thinking about a ramp style, like a Uhaul has, with a hand rail, or steps of some sort with wide gentle risers..maybe a small 4x4 platform at the door, so you are not going straight from door to drop down on to stairs

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and most certianly welcome

coachgeo

Looking for some help, I need to make an ingress/egress to the habitate so that a 75year young person who had a mild stroke a few years ago, can climb up into the habitate. I have scoured the internet for cheap DIY options, but have not really found anything. ...
Maybe two used bumper mower/chair lifts rehabbed and modified? Have them sit side to side of one another but one placed higher up. I say two cause one will not raise high enough. so you end up with two.... each their own landing.

sit in a chair or stand on one as it raises as high as it will go. then you transfer to the one that raises to the height of the door of habitat.

otherwise copy the motorcycle lifts of others on here who put bikes on back of their expedition rigs. Most are winch raised platforms on rollers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks