• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have one of these connectors laying around in female

Amphenol Female Military Mil Spec Circular Connector MS3108A20-4S 4 Pins 90 Deg "

TM 32 PAOZZ 96906 MS3450W20-4PX .MALE CONNECTOR, RECEPTACLE J1 5935-01-261-8618.......................... 1
View attachment 785372
//MAIL CALL\\

Found the male/female set on fleebag..for less then 30 bucks

Search " Mated Pair Connectors 4 #12 Solder Contacts MS3106F20-4S Plug & BFR20-4P-1 Recpt "

s-l1600.jpg

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeez, Jan was my last post on Reis TB.

We are moving forward slowly and with the current world situation, time available is non-available.

We are in part sourcing and gathering phase-with some deliveries
-jp8 fired heater [eberspacher type] delv.
-Solar system-researching- just about ready to pull trigger
-Gen Sys-researching
-MRC69V Box-mounted and tied down
-MRC69v-layout IN thought PROGRESS
-MRC69V-inter/exter paint, plug and prep 50%
-HVAC-delv
-Cold storage-delv/researching low power options for off grid ops
-Cab interior-seats, and various-in progress
-M1082 Trailer-continue to look for low cost op
-Air leaks-tracing

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, time sure flies when your not having fun...Sorry so late in posting

So a little update,

Sourced and received

Solar panels Kosta -2 x 200W-plus 55w manpack foldable x 2,
Solar controller EPEVER MPPT AN4210 40AMP with WIFI interface,
100 AH x 2 Lightcatcher AGM batteries
12000 KW Diesel Fired Air Heater
Heat exchange XS200 (scavenge heat from DSL fired heater exhaust to warm water) freeze preventive
7000 W Pure Sign Wave Inverter
Blue Sea Systems ST 6 Circuit Fuse Block
Assorted pass through and stuff for Air Cond/Heat and Electrical install
LMTV Cab Door Latches L/R (thanks to SS Member)

More work to do now that I am back on the home front

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice list. I picked up a SunGoldPower solar kit. Comes with controller. Been watching the Hobotech guy on YouTube. He does a lot of legitimate reviews on this stuff and the solar generators. Love the folding mobile units. Can get moved from rig to rig.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice list. I picked up a SunGoldPower solar kit. Comes with controller. Been watching the Hobotech guy on YouTube. He does a lot of legitimate reviews on this stuff and the solar generators. Love the folding mobile units. Can get moved from rig to rig.
Yup, he is one of my go to..exactly what I am thinking with the 2 55W Manpac Foldables.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Progress what a great and celebrated 4th, hope you enjoyed the key date.

Can you believe it, I actually have made some progress, spent most of Sat/Sun prepping and sealing the box with sandpaper, cleaning and Sikaflex 221. It was a cooker..

Still not 100% sealed, ran out of Sikaflex, that is a sheet tone of rivet heads to seal in 90 degree weather

20200706_102336.jpg

Another Ahab

Get Elastrometric roof coating. there is various brands that sell it..... some you can put a light tint to it. Folk even coat their high quality tarp garages with the stuff and it turns a 2 year tarp into a 15yr tarp.
So instead of individual application (each rivet head), you paint/coat the whole surface, is that the idea?

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some more progress, I am finally addressing the butchery to the cable interface panels. Rebuilding them to match original pivot tilt outs

Here is current, and what it looked like when I picked it up and a deployed unit as it sat in the 60's
20200710_183148.jpg
shelter fr.jpg
MRC69V Deployed.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks