• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first m35 purchase

Well another trip out to my truck today workn in the mud and rain. I got the hubs and rebuilt wheel cylinders on. and new wheel seals installed. Still on the hunt for a CUCV maintenance bed. Will be at it again this coming week.

Well guys my tires finally got here yesterday and they are everything I had expected and huge,Jonathan from FTS was excellent to deal with. I am now wanting to know if I ll have any clearance issues up front?

I wanted to post an update things have been slow going with the holidays and the weather working in an open field can be a pain. I have 4 stock rims I am primering and getting ready to mount my new tires waiting on my tubes to get hear from UPS. I also got the jump on an LDS465 in the can rebuilt in 2008 and never used for 600$ will be picking up in the next couple of months. I still haven't got a bed yet and trying to find one and stay in budget has been a pain. I might be buying a place so trying to watch my money. I hope next week I can get a break in the weather.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thumbs up for your progress. After getting her roadworthy in a muddy field, any subsequent repair work on a flat (yawwn) concrete pad (yaaaawwwn) under a roof (Zzzzzzzzzzz) will sound tremendously boring!

skinnyR1

Thumbs up for your progress. After getting her roadworthy in a muddy field, any subsequent repair work on a flat (yawwn) concrete pad (yaaaawwwn) under a roof (Zzzzzzzzzzz) will sound tremendously boring!
I know right! I complain about working on my truck sitting outside in my driveway. I would really never work on it if it was sitting in a muddy field somewhere.

Well guys I am going to overhaul the entire brake system and try to wrap up the rest of my truck before Aberdeen. I would really like to go this year with my family trying to get the rest of the parts to finish as we speak.

Well parts acquisition has been steady I just received my air pack rebuild kit,nos wheel cylinders and spin on oil filter kit. I am waiting on lockouts,fuel sending unit,and 2 nos tms,cucv bed, and lds 465. I will post pics tonight hopefully.

Well things have been hectic since I was in the hospital and have been really indecisive on a bed. I REALLY wanted one of those m390c missle trailers but still looking.I will update once I get everything rolling.

I wanted to give everyone an update on my truck I pulled my airpack and master cylinder for rebuilding and still on the hunt for a bed I ll post pics if yall want a video on the rebuild I ll make one.