• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce in Olympia, Wa

wsucougarx

Looks like you got a Sprag Transfer case there. Do you have a sprag or an airshift on your truck? You probably know this already but just in case. Never ever let your truck coast in reverse. It will bind up your Sprag really good.

ZackRidesRed

I have an air shift transfer case in my truck now, that was one more thing I was looking for in a truck. But thanks for the tip, That could have saved me from binding things up.

I forgot to add the pics; it looks like it came with a hydraulic PTO and reservoir. . . I think that is what this is

edit: this it the power steering pump and reservoir off of an LDS 5 ton.

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Scott was saying you're after a PTO winch shaft. I've seen them on ebay for $100 shipped. The ones at the scrap yard do not have the u-joint on the PTO end. Typically they want $40 alone for that part.

ZackRidesRed

Ok I will look on ebay, I also need the PTO.

Will do scott, there is one in it now like you have but I dont think its hooked up? maybe its just broken?

9:30 is good, what parking lot? would you mind if my brother taged along? he is going to get a deuce now, as soon as his boat sells.

srodocker

Dude more the merrier! we actually could meat at the mcdonalds parking lot. the 512 exit. you will take a left after you get off of i5 off ramp and you'll see the arches. have you been to brads yet? yea we can take a look at your guages. brad has been around these vehicles awhile im sure he'll do something and they will end up working. im leaking a lot of air im just hoping i left one of my glad hands slightly open...

ZackRidesRed

Brads is in Mckenna right? I think I have driven by there a few times. I think it would be quicker to drive through yelm. I know the Mcdonalds.

Mike, I just ordered a NOS PTO shaft for $100 shiped :jumpin:

srodocker

yea i have a huskey ratchet set with harbor crap wrenches hahaha i need to upgrade my stuff. my goal for tomorrow is to grease the truck. and mount my spare tire. its a pain in the rear!

wsucougarx

The cheapest place I have found the PTO's is White Owl. Last time I paid $240 shipped. Good on you for the NOS shaft. Does your truck have the winch shifter lever in the cab?

ZackRidesRed

It does not have the shifter so I will have to find or make one. I will try White Owl. (not finding it on the web site, I will call next week)

I picked up a 260pcs tool kit with a molded plastic toolbox and the wrenches I need for the injector lines, this will be my 'go' box.

Last edited:

ZackRidesRed

Scott, my brother and my self went out to Brads today. Brad. . . what a welth of knowledge and character. He helped me get my gage cluster up and running, told me a LOT about my truck, took us out to lunch and even sold me a rust free cab and doors for less then what I thought the doors would cost.

Brad confermed that my truck was a gasser sold to a fire department and did not see military use.

Attachments

srodocker

NICE!!!! what time did you end up leaving? and which cab was that? the one against the building? glad you got your guages working. how about a price for your brothers truck heheh

ZackRidesRed

We went home about 5:15. yes this was the cab against the building, Brad likes his hard tops to much to let them go (cant blame him). He told me brother $500 less than what I paid for mine so now he is really wanting to get rid of his boat lol

srodocker

HAHA NICE! yea he loves his hard tops. you guys made good time as i left at 315. sorry i had to leave hehehe. now you need to save for the 395s and get those 8 1/4's off!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks