• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce in Olympia, Wa

ZackRidesRed

Yea the 8 1/4's are garbage, I dont know why anyone would put them on a deuce :cookoo: . now I need some MVT 395's and a winch PTO and my truck will be very close to the way I want it.

Dont wory about having to take off, Brad took care of us.

ZackRidesRed

That's pretty cheap, the leather is still in really good shape on these seats so i'm just going to die them.

I was looking at a 5 ton at Brads and what I thought was a hydraulic PTO is the power steering pump and reservoir off of an LDS powered 5 ton, so i'm 2/3 of the way to having power steering :driver: . I talked to him about it and he said to pick up the power steering gear off of a 73-86 1 ton 4x4 chevy pickup and it is almost a bolt on deal :jumpin:

Last edited:

mightymanx

Oh when I build up my spare cab I am going to install these. don't worry, they will be green.
I'm also going to ditch the spring seat so I can have under seat storage.
I would keep some kind of suspension under those seats your lower back will thank you at the end of the day.

mightymanx

Your right, I had my brother drive the truck on a gravel road. . . the spring seat maakes a world of differance
The other thing I noticed sitting in a non-suspended seat is that it always seems like the driver is driving like a crazy person on the verge of going out of control. When infact they are driving like a normal person.

I went with 2 springers for mine and the stealth Swedish temperfoam under the cushion covers. I am also working on a foldale armrest for mine.

ZackRidesRed

Armrests. . . that will be nice [thumbzup] . originally I wanted two spring seats but I started thinking about how much storage room I was losing. But now I'm back to spring seats. I will fab up a locking center consol that I can mount my daughters car seat on.

wsucougarx

speaking of kids. I kept the bench seat in for them. I added a middle seatbelt on the bench. My two occupancy deuces are now all 3 occupancy;-). My son and daughter love driving up front with daddy;-). Checked with my WSP friends and they said no problem;-)

ZackRidesRed

My daughter loves the deuce, I just have to rig it up so she can ride in it on the street. I took her for a ride on a dirt road and now every time I go out side she wants to play with daddys truck.

I had to cap off the cold start system today, it was leaking diesel right on top of the hot side of the turbo. I'm really suprised that it didnt catch fire.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Yah, those leaks are really common. Two years ago I cleaned the end up really good and put some RTV in there. Hasn't leaked since. Probably should get around to changing out the two O-rings in there.

ZackRidesRed

I left all the parts in place so I can get the cold start system in working order later. I still have a LOT of work before I will get to the small non essentials like the cold start system.

Its funny, a lot of people that I know have ridden in my deuce and now HAVE TO HAVE ONE lol. I bet two of my friends will have one within a year. (not counting my brother, he will have one this summer)

Last edited:

ZackRidesRed

Thanks, yea I tend to jump head first into things haha. I'm going to start shifting my focus onto the new cab now that the truck is a running/driving beast.

ZackRidesRed

Bad news today, I lost oil pressure. down to 15psi driving and 0psi idling. The engine is making oil so I will be bypassing the FDC. runs fine otherwize.

ZackRidesRed

I think I may be over reacting, the FDC has already been bypassed and I checked the oil more then 60sec after shut down so it read 1.5" over the full line. But I still have an oil pressure issue, the oil is on the thin side and I think I can smell diesel in it (the whole truck reeks of diesel) so an oil change is in order. I will pick up a mechanical gage today to see where my oil pressure is at. I'm hoping its just the sending unit going out.

I did pick up 50' of chain today, It should be more than I will need for my deuce.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks