• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now lets see your truck in the snow

SGTStewart

Kilness and I took our deuces up to the Chippewa National Forest in northern Minnesota last month. We took a few pictures and some video (just haven't got them on the computer yet):rolleyes:.
Here is one of the videos I took of Kilness in his M35A3 on one of the many forestry trails.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptIRs4KF1M&feature=channel[/media]

DuecesWild

DieselBob how did the truck do in all this snow? Do you have any weight in the bed or did you just have to air the tires down? Wish my truck was ready, id go out and patrol too.

DieselBob

I didn't have any trouble at all. aired down the rear tires to 20 psi and the front to 30 psi (note to self, do this before the snow:rolleyes:) and hit the road. I don't have any weight in the back but a 1000 ~ 1500# would be a help if for nothing more than ride quality. Most of the roads have been plowed but there are a lot drifts and most of the secondary streets are only one lane wide. I didn't have any problems driving through the snow banks from the plows when traffic came the other direction. Needless to say my driveway had not been cleaned and no trouble in and out and turning around.

jmh4x4

My neighbor was out in his skidsteer cleaning the lady's driveway across from me when he got off the driveway and stuck. My other neighbor tried to pull him out with his 79 CJ7, didnt make it to far, so i backed the duece down and yanked her out.

Attachments

jmh4x4

I didnt air my tires down and had no weight in the back, so she slid around pretty good, a couple good jerks and finally got moving. I found that it did the best
in high 2nd gear, low gear didnt work very well. felt like a boat anchor behind her.

baxter

awesome pics you guys back east have all the fun, but I am glad we havent had much this year my truck has been out of commision all winter.

grizcty

bhadden,

Thanks for the pictures.
I have been thinking about, something like this for years!

Is that a standard Western Isarmatic 9' pump/plow setup?

grizcty

Hauled the deuce up to the UP yesterday. The last 50 miles it was snowing and blowing pretty good, with single digit temps... Took a few pics when I got to the shop. Thought you might all find them interesting... Note that the last 20 miles were mostly unplowed, with about 6" of fresh snow, at 45-50 mph. I thought the windows looked neat, but man did I laugh when I opened the door... No, I did not leave the windows down! :)

C
Did you just buy this?
I see it has plates and a FANCY drivers seat.

WOW, look at that big beautiful shop![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks