• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May the 2012 GA Rally be blessed...

As final preparations for the 12SSGAR are made, equipment is checked, double-checked, stowed, loaded, and secured; and vehicles are gone over with a fine-toothed comb and prepped for convoys and solo-missions alike, I'd like y'all pause for just a moment to "take a knee" and bow in prayer......

Lord,
Please be with all who are preparing as though to "assault" the Durhamtown Plantation Offroad Park with their MVs, friends, families and even some four-legged companions. God, please dispatch your angels to watch over each and every Member, participant, employee of the park, vehicle and piece of equipment as they rally for goodhearted fun and frolic. Light their paths and pave their ways as they travel the highways and trails, keeping them safe from all harm and attacks of the enemy - often times operating under the alias of "Mr. Murphy". Bless the food they partake of as good and nourishing for their bodies as well as abundant and delicious, and may the drink they consume be equally good for their hearts and souls without dangerous excess or over-indulgance. May each one be kept in Your loving care, from deployment until their safe return home.
In Jesus name we pray,
AMEN.

Vaya con Dios!
(Go with God)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As Frederick Browning said, "Nothing can stop us but the weather now".

I think we're good.

:D

Attachments

zout

Hey Matt - where are you lodging - in the field ?? cabin ??

If your tenting or camping in the main field area - I would not be surprised if there is not dust galore after Mike hacked the grass down - during the afternnoons after the morning moisture burns off the ground.

Or just camp way from the main driveways whereever Clinto wants them to be - I think last yr there was some Deuce drag racing from the main drive.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I have left to do is load the food and my personal gear. Plan to be wheels in the well between 1100 and 1200 on Friday.
With all the rain the last 4 days, Durhamtown will be a mudbog for at least the 1st 4 days. Glad to see that the long range forecast has us high and dry for the week. I am so ready for the humidity to break.

wilfreeman

Nah, I rented one of the campers near the lodge - before the field change was announced. I'll have to commute for the deuce drags, bonfire - EVERYTHING! Oh well, at least the wifey and daughter will be happy! Maybe next year we can tow the 'a1 behind the rv.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My buddy and i had planned on driving up with M35A3 bodded and M105A2 in tow and the big motor home. Now he can not go, looks like i going to sleep in the trailer.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Im bringing a pot of Grandmas chicken and dumplings. I might be there sat afternoon. or sun morning. depending on if i have to work late fri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks