• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firewood for the Rally

I was off work yesterday and took advantage of the wood that the Georgia Power right of way crews left across the street from my neighborhood. There was plenty more but I couldn't even lift the pieces if I was twice my size. Could have used a log splitter. If anyone close by wants to split it let me know an I will tell you where it can be found. Another tree crew was out there today taking a huge oak down for a development. Hopefully they cut it up a left it like the GA PWR crews did. Also, the stack of wood pallets I'm holding at work is probably 10 feet tall now. :beer:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was off work yesterday and took advantage of the wood that the Georgia Power right of way crews left across the street from my neighborhood. There was plenty more but I couldn't even lift the pieces if I was twice my size. Could have used a log splitter. If anyone close by wants to split it let me know an I will tell you where it can be found. Another tree crew was out there today taking a huge oak down for a development. Hopefully they cut it up a left it like the GA PWR crews did. Also, the stack of wood pallets I'm holding at work is probably 10 feet tall now. :beer:
The CAMO Crew will bringing a deuce load of wood as well...specifically Troy cause he's been cutting down/up trees and wants ta get rid of em!

I just hope I don't run over a tree on the way to the rally this year!:oops:

The last one cost me about 2K in parts and Troy/Tony did most of the replacement work!:shock:

RIDDLE1

Fire ants!? Well it looks I will make sure to pack the Epi-Pen. Of all things, I'm allergic to freaking little bitty ants.

Are we going to start of Convoy thread or did I miss one?

RIDDLE1

We need to find a VT item to burn!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also have a stack of pallets at work for the firebugs in our midst.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like we will have enough wood to burn for 3 months and not 3 days. Now what happens when it is 80 degrees on Wed-Saturday????? Who is bringing 2000 lbs of ice?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It sounds like we will have enough wood to burn for 3 months and not 3 days. Now what happens when it is 80 degrees on Wed-Saturday????? Who is bringing 2000 lbs of ice?
Temperature has NOTHING to do with the bonfire!:shock:

Well...OK...if it's cold at night, the fire helps...but if it's hot...the fire helps to..get it??:beer:

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Temperature has NOTHING to do with the bonfire!:shock:

Well...OK...if it's cold at night, the fire helps...but if it's hot...the fire helps to..get it??:beer:
PB I dont get it :(

I hope it is colder, I am done with summer in Georgia for 2012. Bring on the cold weather.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you all for taking the time and effort to bring firewood. We have the option of having multiple campfires this year, one in the major vendor/display field and another in the camping area, so it will be put to use.

is the fire ant problem being taken care of?
I do not know how bad the fire ant issue will be this year, since it's a new field, but I think it will be a lesser issue than last year.

However, anyone who wants to bring fire ant countermeasures, is welcome to bring the pain. Fire for effect, Ridley!

Are we going to start of Convoy thread or did I miss one?
There is a convoy thread for people coming from Florida and South Ga., there is a link in the first post of this thread. Check it and see if it fits your needs.

I doubt there are enough people coming from South Ga that aren't hooking up with the Florida folks to justify a separate convoy thread, but if enough people ask, I will create it. I am easy going that way. :D

zout

Good possibility of attending for what its worth - just letting ya cherry freaks be advised is all.

PB - best way to explain the bonfire - its the quickest way to get alcohol out of your system - burn it off. I know there has been a couple folks in the past wanting to fire walk the pit - but once you see how big the fire is I do not suggest attempting it - but EH - always up for something new to watch.

Deb was wanting to take a Sat after I get out work here soon to head out to DT grounds and check out the new area and kind of possibly get out bearings straight (nothing worse than out of alignment loose bearings) as she was thinking with those coming really early this year to locate and then head out there that previous Sun to drop and steak out an area as well as an area for the CAMO crew that we have done in the past for them to give them room to manuver.

IF its not this Sat it will probably be the Sat of the 15th - run over in the POV and investigate.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, the offer still stands. It looks like Ferro and I will be there friday, the 5th of OCT. We plan to get a spot for Neil, you and the guys from CAMO. The rest of the crowd can fill in as they show up. I know we will be back along side the fence, where we won't bother the rest of the rally with all the whooping and carrying on........:driver:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plus I need a lot of room to turn the Long Easy around- 1/2 an acre or more.............:mrgreen:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Folks it's starting to look REAL bad for me making it. I have to go on a really loooonnngg plane ride on the 14th and I can't leave from ATL. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be in the southeast again at the end of Oct.

There's an idea, just change the dates to accomodate me, LOL.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would inform "them" that you can't leave until the 20th, because you have to have your "cherry" shot, or you could die. Of course, you have to be able to say this with a straight face, or you are doomed.:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks