• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Golly gee whizzaroo!! I've got a novel idea!!:D

Let's get back to talking about the GA Rally...which happens in about 25 dayz!:tinkerbell::tinkerbell:

ARE WE THERE YET!!!:grd::grd:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a rally coming?!?!? crap, I'm nowhere near ready!

Oh wait, I'm never ready! hahahaha! PB got it right, for me it is 24 days and a wakeup. For the rest of you slackers, the time varies. LOL;)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
583 Posts to-date on this thread, the thread has been open since 6/23/2012 for a duration of 80 days. That is 7.2875 posts per day. At the current rate we will be up to 787 posts by monday rally week. Assuming a 40% steel soldiers excitement increase in post volume, this thread will have 868 posts by Monday of Rally week.

The rally may not come quick enough to save our souls. fat lady sings

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries. In a few days or so someone will come along and prune all of the BS posts and get the thread under control.

Now that the rally is in the 30 day time frame I am submitting requests for days off. Need 4 off. 1 is approved, 3 to go. I can only submit requests 30 days out so I request a day, each day.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
The first 25 kids stop by the first aid tent for a little sumtin i picked up first aid related. And as always i have glow sticks Ill be passing out for the little ones. Cant wait to see every one again this year. lets have a safe rally.:grd:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first 25 kids stop by the first aid tent for a little sumtin i picked up first aid related. And as always i have glow sticks Ill be passing out for the little ones.
That's great, Gimpy will be so happy.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
On a serous note i would like to have a time of quiet at the camp fire one night to remember the members we lost this past year. Maby people who knew them could say somthing!

poppop

Tigger, that is a great idea!! I have an idea also but it will mean a job for someone. I t would be neat to read the names around the campfire. If someone could compile a list maybe I could read them if I don't have to many cheerys first.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Also..Wreckerman...or Clinto...forgot who and it's WAY back in the thread...mentioned a Command Retreat one evening.

Need to know if this is still desired and will there be a flagpole with a flag and who will make that happen.

Also...who (Wreckerman?) will sound retreat?

CAMO will commit to the Flag Detain on Friday evening if y'all still want this.

Maybe that would be a good time for Poppop to remember the fallen??

Wreckerman/Clinto...let us know so we can prepare??

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wreckerman had mentioned it, I will let him run it (if he desires-keep in mind his plate is full). If he doesn't want to, I suspect one of you scholarly gentlemen with military experience is qualified.

Saturday evening is probably better.

I will prepare a list of names of the departed.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wreckerman had mentioned it, I will let him run it (if he desires-keep in mind his plate is full). If he doesn't want to, I suspect one of you scholarly gentlemen with military experience is qualified.

Saturday evening is probably better.

I will prepare a list of names of the departed.
OK...I'll PM that ole moth^%fu$#@% and work out the details.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great ideas in the thread tonight! Sitting at post 596, up from 582 4 hours ago.

I have some old flags that I need to retire via a proper burning ceremony. If others have flags that need to be retired we could have a smaller flag retirement ceremony. I can organize if there is interest.

wilfreeman

I have a flag that I have been meaning to take to the local American Legion for a few months now. I'll bring it if there is going to be a retirement ceremony.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
What if we place a properly folded flag into the bonfire as each fallen member's name is read by Poppop?

Anything done with honor, respect and dignity is good with me.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What if we place a properly folded flag into the bonfire as each fallen member's name is read by Poppop?

Anything done with honor, respect and dignity is good with me.[/QUOTE

During one of our boy scout ceremonies we combined the flag retirement with the memorial of an old scout that had left this earth. It was fitting in his love for our country and liberties. The focus of the event was the memorial, and the flag burning was done silently in the background while he was remembered.

Whoever is in charge of the memorial for the fallen needs to make that call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks