• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Starting to get fired up about this thing.
What's the plan if it rains?
The event is a rain or shine event.

Now, we've always been a rain or shine event, but after doing this for 10 years, we've learned a few things.

Most importantly, the MKT has tents so people can shelter from the rain when they're eating. We don't have enough tents for all attendees at once but it's better than nothing.

We do recommend everyone bring sufficient clothing. We had almost 90° weather 2 years ago in October, so sunscreen, light colored t-shirts, hats are a good idea but we've also had 40° weather at night, so some thick socks, field jackets, etc are also a good idea.

If it rains, you'll have the best offroading experience of your life. This was a couple years ago when we went with some friends to D-town in February. It had rained for a week and it was awesome. Check this thread out:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...at-Durhamtown-w-MV-s-(pics-videos)&highlight=

zout

Rat...we watch PapaBear out in the field with his pink tutu on dancing how he learned from the Indians to stop the rain.
Its kind of a rain dance...but it has to be done backwards only after a few CROWNS are consumed.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
3 man rally

If we leave this Tuesday it will be A3 man rally me Kenny and Ron I'm sure he's already there or maybe he hasn't left from last year?

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Well,being as I have not replied to this thread yet,I may make the trip down again this year,being that my supply of MVs is quickly dwindling not sure what I will drive yet.

Either the M62A1 wrecker with the M322 in tow with my usual complement of everything but the kitchen sink or the M51A1 dump with the same trailer.

Still plenty of time to think about it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a good turnout will be had. Pat, I'm leaving 2 days later to get there at the same time. Pretty cool. If I get my crippled act together and get my small fuel transfer system done, I won't need to stop for fuel.

Jimma

I will be helping as a medic again this year and arriving with our medical supplies, medic bag and backboard on Wednesday afternoon. Any contributions of medical supplies, equipment and first aid items are gladly accepted.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay gang, just a few days over a month out, less than a month for Ron. It's crunch time. Get your tetanus shots and passports together.

If saving has just started, you might be tight on cash.

As usual, there will be lifting equipment on site. These services are provided with a smile by our members but remember, none of these machines run on urine or vinegar so please offer up some fuel if you require lifting. We will likely designate a loading zone soon after setup.

Fees. Please remember that fees collected for being on the property are Durhamtown fees. They take pretty good care of us, lets return the favor. Upon arrival, secure a parking spot by the track and walk up to tge registratio tent. We will be limiting vehicles on the vendor field for vendors and picking up purchases. We have a super good safety record and want to keep it.

The volunteers at the registration tent will do their best to answer all of your questions. A public use dry erase board will be available as well.

Vendors PLEASE, POST YOUR NAME, COMPANY NAME OR SCREEN NAME AT YOUR VENDING AREA. Help folks bring you scads of cash.

Buy,sell, trade. Folks if you have pre-arranged deals, remember who you are dealing with. Write it down, don't banks on the wireless working all the time. If you have made a deal with folks and your financial situation has changed, have the common courtesy to notify the seller. The one person who always has notes and closes his deals is juanprado. He is at the RT several times a day closing deals. Don't be afraid to come ask us if a person has checked it, if we know, we will tell you.

Lets be considerate and most of all, have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks