• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

m38inmaine

Guess it's time to disclose the generous offer I received, a personnel heater kit, not often encountered and will come in handy in this Northern climate. Looks like a visit to the NH compound will be in order for the pick up. I may try and talk him out of that dash mount radio while I'm there :D. I was also offered another bit of kit from another friend in VT, that may happen this summer as well, great bunch of guys all wanting to see each others rides the best they can be.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Since I'm waiting for some inbound document bag hanger parts thought I would post just what's inside one. Here is the typical items found inside, -10 operators manual, equipment record folder(camo), DD1970 motor equipment utilization record, lube order, pre-post operators check list, DA2404 equipment inspection and maintenance worksheet, standard form 91 accident report, DD518 accident identification card. I was lucky to receive these document in a lot of goat parts I purchased, the last time this particular goat A-32 was signed out was March 1990 in CA.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Since I'm waiting for some inbound document bag hanger parts thought I would post just what's inside one. Here is the typical items found inside, -10 operators manual, equipment record folder(camo), DD1970 motor equipment utilization record, lube order, pre-post operators check list, DA2404 equipment inspection and maintenance worksheet, standard form 91 accident report, DD518 accident identification card. I was lucky to receive these document in a lot of goat parts I purchased, the last time this particular goat A-32 was signed out was March 1990 in CA.
The accident report I get, but I can't quite figure what the accident ID card is all about.

What's the difference between the accident "report" and the accident "card"?

Jericho

I remember adding the little instamatic one use throw away cameras, All the O6 s thought it was just spiffy, Never had one work after setting in the records bag for a year!

combat32

I remember the DD 1970 well, also known as a trip ticket.

The regular Army quit using them in the 90's, at least the one you had to fill out daily.In most units i was in everything in that bag was an inspectable item, and dont show up to get a dispatch without those items and a current 2404.

Jericho

Got the braces today, Thank you Mark for the tip ! mail man was complaining how heavy the parts were, (its my sister)

Jericho

your going to laugh, have one, looks exactly the same , used on a J 79 turbo jet engine that powers F 4 Phantoms , exact same size, who would have thunk, I have kept it 24 years since I retired, , karma !lol

m38inmaine

Here is a picture of the drivers seat showing all the hardware that it uses, 6 male snaps to retain the seat cushions, 2 document hanger brackets and 1 lift the dot stud for the bottom of the document bag. Both seat buckets are the same so if yours are missing check the other seat. The replacement buckets did not come with the hardware so I bet the majority of them are missing the hardware. The passenger bucket just has the 6 male snaps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks