• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Amer-team

Sounds like a winner. There are a couple of other less publicized events locally. The Olympic flight Museum, at the Oly airport, will be having a military show as a fund raiser on March 13, and I have done a display, lunch, and parade event for over 10 years on the 4th of July in Centralia.

Will keep you guys posted as it gets closer.

AaronW

It sounds like fun,will seriously think about coming out! I won't have a MV to bring that far but I can drag my 5th wheel out there. We usually camp at a campground above Hoodsport near Lake Cushman. How far is that from there? We stay at Dow Creek at the top of the hill.
You are looking at a 90 min drive approx from Cushman. Hope to see you!

AN/ARC186

Go green and strap down a bicycle or a small car like a Geo, or maybe a nice antique desk.

A couple of lazyboys and a 26" TV on a stand might be nice.

I am gonna try this year as well. To make it worth the trip I might have to do some camping on the way or on the way back. Funny thing is, your early rally this year is just minutes away from where I picked up my 1st WA deuce in Spanaway, then drove it all the way back to the tricities across the passes. Stopped in Roslyn AK on the way for a beer and pizza at the brick.[/quote

What?? No Moose???

srodocker

We definatly should get convoy signs and lights this year :) i will have them most likley on mine by then. and i know kurt as some. the signs shouldnt be to hard to make?

wsucougarx

Totally agree on the convoy sign and lights for this year's convoy. I suspect we're going to be bit larger this year...much larger. There is a TM in the old site showing the specs etc on the signs.

srodocker

hey aaron whats your new avatar picture of? maybe just maybe i'll have my trailer and deuce painted then. i hope too :) 383 or woodland not sure which yet :). we going to have any GI tents up?

Last edited:

srodocker

So as i was at work thinking about what i told my gf, that if i got a deuce i would trade my ranger in for a car. I would drive her car and she would get whatever we get in a trade. Well i didnt want to get stuck in a TINY toyota....so i called her up and told her she can pick what car she wants such as a PT cruiser..bleh...BUT i get to sell her car and get a CUCV!!! and to my surprise she said sure!

so this summer maybe just maybe before the rally i will also have a m1009. i need a blazer because im going to need more passenger space a cpl years down the line :)

so in a cpl months i will be on the look out for one woohoo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks