• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

AaronW

Mike, At this time, I'm leaning towards a run to Morton on Hwy12 and a return on 508 via Onalaska. About a 2 hr round trip + Parade in Napavine to start.

srodocker

if i dont have my brother or gf with me you can ride along if you would like :) if i do have a full cab im sure there will be people with open trucks

Amer-team

For Aaron in post #41. Depending on the number and size of vehicles, you might consider a couple of stops along the way, and there will probably be a few pulloffs to let other vehicles by. One good stop might be at Mossyrock dam. There is plenty of pulloff area there.

I would suggest a stop in Morton at Spiffys for Blackberry shakes, then back to Napavine.

Anyway sounds like fun and I am hoping to participate.

Peter L.

Your on! Me too! Hey srodocker,AaronW,wsucougarx, We are bringing out our 5th wheel and are going to be leaving our trailer at an RV campground ( Lake Sawyer RV Resort) We have a membershixp there. It's on Highway 164. Will this be better for us to commute to the campout and convoy? Hoodsport seems to be far away from where we need to be!We can also stay at Mossyrock at the Lake Mayfield Ressort,at Randle at the Cascade Peaks Resort, or at Silver Creek at the Paradise Resort . Which of these would be the best and close to the function? Thanks!! elkhunter

AaronW

elkhunter, Silver Creek and Mayfield are both about 20-25 minutes away. The lake would be a great place to visit if you have any watercraft with you. The convoy will be passing through Silver Creek.

Consider this option....You could stay up at Cushman and then move to my "back 40" on Thursday or Friday. I have an RV dump available. No power unless we run a really long cord for 120. If you have a genny, could be a good and free option. I do have two 3.5Kw units that I would fire off for power. If you have any loose fillings you want out, they will work!

We are the middle property ringed with trees. The cook/camp out will be near the center lone tree. The RV dump is at the bottom left corner.

Attachments

Last edited:

AaronW

Sounds good to me AaronW! Can i get confirmation on my reservations with you? I have 2 Generators,no hookup for elect needed. Sounds good! Thank you for the offer! elk
The spot is yours for the taking. Last year we had about 6 people camp for Saturday night. Most were in tents. odnorth won the "real man" contest, he just had a bag and pad in the open bed of his M35A2.

With the parade lineup around 9-10am on Sat., I expect we may have a few people show up to stay on Friday evening.

Josh

I'll have to see if I can get that friday/sat night off. If I cant get friday off, I'll have to do the same thing as the mini rally. Just drive up after I get of work.

AaronW

Darn carriers always at sea.

well, have fun guys, I will be out to sea again during that time
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it rattlecan. We are going to get you to one of these gatherings sooner or later. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks again for your service to this great country! You make us proud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks