• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

wsucougarx

Truck is now cleaned up and ready to roll. Going to try and make it down Friday afternoon in my civy to see everyone. Then come back down Saturday morning in my 923.

srodocker

matt you need me to bring my WMO Pump? it needs filters...i can try and call napa to order the filters and pick them up tomorrow.

Whose all meeting me at krispy kreme besides flat tire mike

Josh

Im leaving friday afternoon. Sometime between like 3-5PM. If ya want rolling, we can meet at Jatzen Beach @ the Safeway there. Give me a call tomorrow 503-318-6756.

PS. Just filled the M105 up with firewood so having a roaring campfire wont be an issue this year. Id wager almost a full cord.

rolling18

Im leaving friday afternoon. Sometime between like 3-5PM. If ya want rolling, we can meet at Jatzen Beach @ the Safeway there. Give me a call tomorrow 503-318-6756.

PS. Just filled the M105 up with firewood so having a roaring campfire wont be an issue this year. Id wager almost a full cord.
Josh,
I'll be leaving in the mourning but havent decided what day yet, likley fri or sat I cant stay overnight because my recent spinal surgery si I have to sleep in a bed but ill probably just make a couple day trips.

wsucougarx

Wow! My in laws are coming this year. I am actually pretty honored to have my father in law come. After the passing of his son Todd on July 12th, I think he wanted to get out and get his mind off of things. I invited him to come this year (I do every year) and to my huge surprise he said OK.
Randy is a highly decorated Vietnam combat vet. He earned a silver star, a couple bronze stars with V, several air medals, army commendations etc. He was draftee and served from '67-'68 as an infantryman. He was attached to the 2/60th, 9th Infantry Division. Besides leading countless patrols in the Mekong as a platoon leader, he was moved up to run the TOC (typically ran by a Major). He has a ton of stories.
In fact if you have a copy of John McCain's Faith of My Father's. Randy is mentioned on page 276.
http://books.google.com/books?id=OD4PV3RjoPoC&pg=PA276&lpg=PA276&dq=faith+of+my+fathers+carpenter&source=bl&ots=cprsRBvNHn&sig=E_4Z1IeoZDILHmnWJ7OZbtL00Hw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=uuEIUO_CEcm4rQHL9JCmCg&ved=0CFYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=faith%20of%20my%20fathers%20carpenter&f=false

Last edited:

64c30

Headed that way....................

tomorrow night with just the 5 ton after the better half gets home from work and scrubs herself.

I have a bunch of parts that are taking up space and gathering layers of dust.

There'll be other excess also, too much to list. So drop by and we'll make a deal. (Cheaper than epay. ;-})

See y'all tomorrow night.

Amer-team

1st Sgt. Gifford called this evening and asked if he could borrow the M38A1 and tag along for the parade on Saturday. I said of course, so will probably have the 38A1 and M54 along for this event on Saturday. Hope to get down tomorrow afternoon or earlier depending on work. Thought I would get tomorrow off and that isn't working out so great.
Anyone interested in an M416? PM me, I could bring it along it needs a bottom and back end work, frame is good.

Amer-team

Mike, if we were really cagey, he could drive my M715. It is original and is a 9th Division truck. It was attached to the 9th Med. Bn of the 9th Div. It is a 67.

Varyag

matt you need me to bring my WMO Pump? it needs filters...i can try and call napa to order the filters and pick them up tomorrow.

Whose all meeting me at krispy kreme besides flat tire mike
Thanks man. My pump sys is kinda fubar'd atm. My 105 went wild on the way to Tony's place and chucked everything around in it. Lucky I have my barrel racheted down really well. It was pulling the back of the deuce back and forth... I grabbed my seat without my hands on that one.

The HW was worn concrete and was grabbing the trailer from one side to the other.

Tony's new 5ton is a freaking beast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks