• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

wsucougarx

Wow, what an outstanding turnout. Thanks Aaron and Amber for welcoming us into your AO. As always, this is one of the highlights of the year for me and my kids. One of these days I'll stay for the entire duration of the rally;-). Got to meet a ton of new faces and make some new friends. In my travels and military experiences, the PNW SS (even the Canadian...LOL) are truely some of the greatest guys you'll ever come across.

swinters

My life story - a day late and a dollar short. I was reading up on painting my CUCV and came across this note. Ends today (and is right down the road from me). Sheesh. Next year!

Amram

For those of you who are wondering...I incurred no flat tires on the way down there and back to my house. My driver-side windshield wiper did break off and fly away on the way home.:p

Last edited:

Josh

Whew it was a fun weekend. Lots of laughter to be had at Scotts and my expense:D. Got 6 brand new 395 goodyears for my deuce, extremely happy about that, hope to have them mounted and on the truck within a week or so. Sadly I took no pictures. The next one wont come soon enough, had a good time with lots of old friends and made some new ones.

ABN173

Aaron, and Amber,

Thanks for having us again this year! What a great event! Even with a few regular guys that could not make it, this was a huge turnout. With the kidos I brought which kept us up all night on Friday night and the party on Saturday Pam and I are worn out from lack of sleep. Despite all that it was awesome, I'm so glad both Pam and I were able to attend!

** LAST and Final call for T-shirts** Josh and couple of others wanted additional shirts so I'll be doing one more production run in August. Cost will remain the same plus whatever it cost to ship them via postal service. Those close enough I can just meet you someplace.

-Dale

Hammer

A LOT of good fun was had this weekend!
Good humor, good food, good BS....

Thanks again Amber and Aaron!
You are getting very good at setting this up and pulling it off. It is hard enough to plan something like this, and still be able to handle the random attendees.

Hope everyone makes it home safe and sound.

Btw, comments welcome about this years convoy. Always looking to make the next convoy even better (I am talking about the convoy/route itself, only part I DARE stick my neck in! )

wsucougarx

I hope everyone got home safely! A huge thank you to everyone that showed up. My father in law had an outstanding time. His wife said this is just what he needed to get his mind off things. He enjoyed conversation with everyone and said he may come back (may means he'll come back..lol). Oh by the way, thanks to the two drivers of the M934's. I'm now wanting one. In fact I was thinking about selling the M109A3 I have but quickly talked myself out of it. The M934 is now on my wishlist;-)

1StumpJumper

You are welcome Mike. I really enjoyed the way your truck is decked out! This weekend made me realize that I need to put my thinking cap on and figure out what I am going to do to the inside of the box. Guess I need to think outside the box for the inside of the box.:-D

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time. Was hoping to make it but had comitted to the parade at Newberg next weekend and was... and am not ready yet...

jets1959

Thanks Aaron and Amber, for hosting this event. Had a great time, met lots of great people and hopfully made many friends. No major brakedowns and no major injuries for anyone. Hope to see everyone next year if not before! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks