• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

Amram

I am the same way Mike. I brought my darn digital camera but it never left the backpack it was sitting in. One of these days I will remember to pull it out and make trucks and people say cheese.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arron and Amber thanx for making it another great event, and all the others behind the scenes and good friends.

Dale thanx for putting all the effort into the production of those awesome shirts.
Are there going to be any for sale in the classifieds for the folks outside our area that might want one of the extras? I know I covet the one I purchases from the east coast rallies.

Eastern convoy made it to Yakima at about 14:30. There we split up.
Crystal can really handle that CUCV,
Once I lost my boat anchor (Varyag) I was able to to do a sustained 72mph in the M923 on the flats between Yakima and Prosser. Smoking like a freight train:driver:
Got back to Kennewick about 4 PM.

Sheesh, I didn't take any pictures either.

odnorth (Rob) It appears that I left my coat in your deuce after the parade.According to AaronW (Aaron) you found it. If possible could you ship it to me? I'll pay for the shipping or whatever it takes. Two years ago we lost yours on the convoy and now this year I lost mine after the parade! It looks like we are two of a kind! We are a "NATION WITHOUT BORDERS" I welcome Canada and you back to join us here for the next PNW in 2013!!!!! Thanks again for the ride in the parade and your sense of humor. Eh? elkhunter aka Walt REO 54 (Dave) Thanks again for the ride in the convoy!!! Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. I hope that the friendships made here by everyone never go away like they do in a fire. elkhunter, PJ and dogs

Attachments

ABN173

Dale thanx for putting all the effort into the production of those awesome shirts.
Are there going to be any for sale in the classifieds for the folks outside our area that might want one of the extras? I know I covet the one I purchases from the east coast rallies.

Once I lost my boat anchor (Varyag) I was able to to do a sustained 72mph in the M923 on the flats between Yakima and Prosser. Smoking like a freight train:driver:

Tony,

I took a few pictures but near as many as normal. About the T-shirts I left what we did not sell for Aaron to do what he will with them, They are mostly smaller sizes. I am making one more run of shirts, So if you or anyone else wants another one let me know.

- Dale

Pictures and videos

Arron and Amber thanx for making it another great event, and all the others behind the scenes and good friends.

To those who didn't take pictures: We are sending Aaron pictures and videos of the rally. When we get back to Montana around the first week of August Phyllis will prepare a master copy of pictures and videos. and send them to AaronW and you can go thru him to get copies. They are good ones! elkhunter

Attachments

Last edited:

REDROCKET

Our thanks to Aaron and Amber as well! Thanks! THANKS! Thanks! This was our 1st time here and holy cats! Memories were made. We met some amazing people and we were so thankful we could attend this event. The parade was a lot of fun and so was the convoy (dust bowl and all)! Everything was just perfect.

Thanks for the Tshirts Dale and sorry the party kept you up Saturday. We paid for it as well on Sunday (took a 4 hour nap when we got home).

We got home around 12:30pm … and the Ural broke down (again) but this time it happened right in the driveway as we got home. I wish we could have stayed longer but I’m glad we left when we did. Now to get the repairs done in short order. Ugh.

As soon as I get them off my phone I have some pictures to post, too. I just showed up at work today to relax! *laugh* What a great weekend!

ABN173

Tracy,

No issues with being kept up. I was laughing at several of the jokes being made even. I should have joined you guys myself even.

-Dale

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
To those who didn't take pictures: We are sending Aaron pictures and videos of the rally. When we get back to Montana around the first week of August Phyllis will prepare a master copy of pictures and videos. and send them to AaronW and you can go thru him to get copies. They are good ones! elkhunnter
What is the deal with the vehicile in pic#3, is it a custom build, a photo type ????

Well the pics did not show on the quote, it is the little 6x6 ???

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gail and I want to add our thanks to Aaron/Amber, Mike, Hammer and all who make this event happen! What a great chance to meet the on-line folks, swap info and stories and just enjoy a little comradeship. I hope to be able to attend again next year.

AaronW

What is the deal with the vehicile in pic#3, is it a custom build, a photo type ????

Hey Ron, now that the "cat's out of the bag", I'm sure Danielle or Ed will be posting some info on their new XM vehicle. It was a great draw to the rally. The MUTT-VEE drew quite a bit of interest for sure.

Hmmm It's still in the backyard......Does possession count for anything?:twisted:

Jeepn_girl

That is my new baby. It is an Xm-161. It is an experimental vehicle designed to use the surplus M-151 parts. It was designed by S.D. Baker Co./Alley Cat Manufacturing in Stanton, TX. between 1992 and 1993. There are only around 60-70 of them made. After American Growler beat them out, most of them them were shipped to South America.

You can't find anything information-wise about them on line. I went to the Mutt Motorpool forum and asked. One guy forwarded my questions to the president of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association down in Arkansas. He told me all he could about them.

We didn't drive it in the parade or the convoy - it wasn't wanting to idle right and I sure didn't want to break down in the parade or the middle of the convoy and win the Hard Luck Award too! :D

It is sometimes called and Alley Cat, but more commonly called a Mutt-Vee.
You'll have to come see it next year.

Danielle

Kaiserjeeps

Thanks Aaron, Amber, Ed and Danielle, Dale and the cooks behind that awesome bar-b-que for all you guys did to make it happen. I hope I didn't miss anyone. It was a hoot.
There was something for everyone. It was funny to be yaking away with someone and off in the back ground was Tracy zipping by with a different assortment of kids packed into the sidecar laughing away. It was great to meet all the new folks off in the back corner camp. I enjoyed talking with Rob from Canada and looking at his integrated cab top with his cargo cover. It looks great.
And what a tease having to follow the wrecker in the parade. Nice truck.
It was cool to see so many M715's also. Left flank, send me your address. I have a manual for you.
It is getting better every year. Liz and I will be back.

Thank you again. It was a very nice break from home stuff.

Attachments

srodocker

yea im tired...got home yesterday took a hour nap and then went to work for 12hrs oh joy! lol

Had a great time took like 4 pics. we were pretty sad this year on pic taking!

man the convoy was fun watching aaron drifiting around corners hahahha
next year we need comms....and not to have aaron wave us past lol!

also im bringing my camper next year even though I was really comfortable in my parachute teepee lol

sorry to the guys I didnt meet. I was running around and then had to uhm disassemble some tires...!!!:doghead:

Attachments

Varyag

sorry to the guys I didnt meet. I was running around and then had to uhm disassemble some tires...!!!:doghead:

Wheeeeeeeeee

I had a great time, it was quite an adventure for us. We put about 800 miles on the 1009 and the deuce.

Special thanks to Scott for being the butt of our jokes Saturday night. He was a dern good sport about us giving him ****.

That was a good time. Totally worth it.

Sorry about being an anchor Tony, not all of us can have a truck with wheels that big! :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks