• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Wild Weasel M1009

cucvrus

I was out working on the Wild Weasel yesterday. I removed the fuel tank and that in itself was an adventure. The Army had it out at one time and replaced the sending unit. One of the strap bolts was snapped off and the bolt was replaced with a 3/8" bolt, The hoses were way long, and the filler neck was barely into the fill hose. It still had the factory clamps on it, and you know you can't reuse that type of clamp. They just jammed the hose into the clamps. I can't attach pictures because this site is now not recognizing my iphone. More later. I have the tank out and am going to pressure wash the entire underside. I will take pictures and post when the system accepts them.

cucvrus

Time to run the pressure washer. One of them love hate jobs. Prepare to get wet and the shower and change clothing. So plan and do it right the first time. You will get wet. Wear work clothes and safety glasses. Prepare to get soaked. Try not to but you know.

Attachments

cucvrus

I violated one of my own major rules. Never let anyone use your equipment. NEVER. I went to use the pressure washer after waiting for a week to get it back. It was dropped off when I was mowing and today I went to use it and you know. It is not a cheapo store bought model. I guess that is why they have repair shops. It is possible that it failed thru no one’s fault but why does it always seem to be this way.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I violated one of my own major rules. Never let anyone use your equipment. NEVER. I went to use the pressure washer after waiting for a week to get it back. It was dropped off when I was mowing and today I went to use it and you know. It is not a cheapo store bought model. I guess that is why they have repair shops. It is possible that it failed thru no one’s fault but why does it always seem to be this way.
I'll go pressure wash someone's stuff before I loan one out again! What most people don't know is if you leave the engine running without using the water it gets very hot then burns up the pump or the release valve will pop...this is a 13 horse honda with a 5k 5 gallon with a burned up pump!! 700$ pump...ugh. motors still good at least.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk