• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO help

Hooty481

The morgan model 40 is originally a fassi f40. Morgan Crane company modified the crane as they do with all of their cranes. I was modified by adding a hydraulic winch, removing the down riggers and designing a new mounting plate so it would mount to a ship.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hooty, perhaps you can start another thread and add some pictures of the crane and your truck??

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Possible responses: Same as engine and transmission output... or: PTO is directly coupled to the rear of the TC-input shaft... or: standing behind the truck and looking at the PTO output flange, it will turn CCW, for all forward gears....

G.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I was looking for. So I will need to order a cw (clockwise) pump.?!?
Yes.

If you happen to run across one that is CCW you can usually take them apart, swap some parts around, and convert it to CW rotation.

M-1028

Still looking for info on the pto yoke bolt patern.
What do you mean bolt pattern? Yoke sit's on a 1.25", single keyed shaft, pretty common for pto stuff. Or are you talking about the bolt pattern of the pto itself? If that's the case just measure the cover on your t case.

ODdave

Patern is the same as m211/m135 and some of the jeep drive shafts. I used a jeep shaft for my pto. What size u-joint do you want? I probably have a flange.

Hooty481

I'm not sure on what size u joint. The drive shaft will not connect directly to my pump. My pump will be connected with a love joy the to another shaft with a carrier bearing and then a drive shaft. If that makes any sense

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen different outputs on the t-case PTOs. Flange, yoke, and sprocket.

Mine has a flange and what I did is make a adapter. I measured the bolt pattern (don't recall the measurements), drilled out a mating flange, and welded it to a u-joint I picked up at NAPA.

I'm not sure why you're having to add a carrier and a lovejoy to the driveline. Can you not run a simple driveshaft like mine?

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks