• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run Away

Loco_Hosa

Come on, you had the thought of "Lets share this on SS!" but not "Hmm, I need a camcorder, NOW"

That would have been a great video :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If t's a joke, so be it. If it's not a joke, it's a teachable moment. Don't clamp your mushroom in place and do have a chunk of wood to termnate the engines msbehavior. Now, about those pics!

goldneagle

Would a run-away engine ever survive for 12 minutes? That is how long between his posts.

It's like having the house on fire and calling friends to ask what to do. CALL 911

If he doesn't own a fire extinguisher then he is a fool! I have at least 10 of various sizes in my house, out buildings and the vehicles.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could it be that this alleged April Fools Joke threw a rod through its block and peed oil all over the floor, thus insuring a complete meltdown of any anticipated "humor output" by its OP?

Could it be that this was an actual crisis and the OP suffered the "deer in the headlights" syndrone?

We'll await any updates which include photos and/or video evidence of any real or contrived cat's-ass-trophy.

:popcorn:
:popcorn:​
:popcorn:​

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I thought we were going to get to see a Monty Python clip featuring an "Easter Bunny" of sorts.... RUN AWAY!!!

willy

Would you be able to cut the fuel line and the 24 volt line to stop the fuel pump
better to buy a new hose than a engine.
Willy
p/s is there a other fuel pump I was thinking off a run away truck how to stop that.

Last edited:

big hoss

Cutting a fuel line probley wouldnt work. Most run aways are from another fuel source. When you pull the throttle stop or turn the key off on any other diesel it shuts off fuel going into the IP so if that dosent work its probley running off the engine oil most likely caused by a bad turbo.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some good take-out engines, PM me for details.

dozer1

IT BLEW!!! Oh no, it violently blew. knocking loud and running at high rpm, something big let loose. Lots of smoke and oil everywhere. Nose about cut off. ****.

Nose about cut off???????? :shock: what? anyway if this really happened, wow.
Sorry that it did. You will have your work cut out for you. I agree with this being a thread to learn from and to have a foolproof means to kill that engine handy at all times.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, between the first 2 posts it was still running and it was 12 minutes. I know if I had a runaway (had 2) I wouldn't be posting in between. Maybe you need to rethink owning a deuce?

hoop

Just covering the intake (with my dented mushroom)will not stall my Deuce....there is a 1" hole in the back of the filter can that needs to be plugged also. Even with that plugged it just slows it down. But it buys me time. I have run the drill on mine.

Last edited:

plym49

It started out surging between 1000 and 1500 and then it got worse 1500 to 2000. Little by little going higher. Burnt the clutch - that was a no-go. Anyway she got real bad and then the end came violently. Came to the forum for help, was not thinking much about videography at the moment.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to have inserted some "humor" during the communication "black out" period.

Our condolences for your "destructed-Multi-Fuel Engine".

Please keep us posted on any forensic analysis regarding this major malfunction.

John
PS: I have a spare engine-in-a-can (rebuild date 1989) sitting in my M105 Trailer, but it's about 2000 +/- miles from your location.

Heavysteven

I think the best would have been to unplug the fuel pump and then take off the discharge line. That way you have got some cover behind the cab.

Sorry for your loss.

Make you think how fast could you kill a deuce. Only two options fuel or air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks