• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run Away

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plym49 -

I have reviewed this failed April Fools thread and decided a One Week Ban aka Timeout is deserved for the waste of bandwidth. It will go into effect at midnight Pacific Time. Please use this time to get your affairs in order (answer PMs, manage ads etc)

R/DUG

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUG...
It's already April 5th. Time to quit the April-Foolery....

Plym49 -

I have reviewed this failed April Fools thread and decided a One Week Ban aka Timeout is deserved for the waste of bandwidth. It will go into effect at midnight Pacific Time. Please use this time to get your affairs in order (answer PMs, manage ads etc)

R/DUG

BTW: I wasn't joking about the LYNCHING on the Courthouse Lawn.
roflroflroflrofl

plym49

Yes, I do have a fire extinguisher in my truck. Actually, two - one in the cab and another on the pioneer rack. But take notice of where my intake stack is. It is extended up (fording stack). In a real runaway situation, I am skeptical that I - or anyone - could scale the fender, get the mushroom off and empty the fire extinguisher in with tons of black smoke blowing in your face.

This thread has initiated a lot of good discussion about runaways.

Personally, I plan on blocking the 1" port on the air filter cannister and plumbing a CO2 fire extinguisher in to the intake tract somehow. It will be controlled with a valve (or valves) I can reach from the driver's seat or from outside the truck. Or, maybe I will invest in one of those automatic gates (but not sure how they could be triggered on a multi). I guess I could also fabricate a 'damper' in the inlet stack that you can actuate by cable from inside or by moving the lever outside.

Can you imagine a turbo seal letting go when you are on the highway? You could never get the truck stopped in time to run around outside. Maybe turbo seals don't fail when the turbo is running at speed, though.

By the same token, if the truck is idling, say at the fuel stop, and the seal lets go, are you going to be able to scale up into the cab in time to shut it down? Maybe not. That's why I am thinking you need two controls, or maybe one by the e-brake that you can operate either way.

My son also got to exercise his CGI skills. If he had spent more time on the video (and not used a preexisting video someone else made that was not conducive to digital effects) no one would have been able to tell it was not authentic. He's that good, and maybe some day he will augment his income with those skills.

Best of all was the great advice on how to deal with or prevent a runaway. Even better was the brotherhood expressed by the many who immediately offered help. These two things are what this site is mainly about.

:)

plym49

I cant believe i looked at 9 pages and it was a fake!! What is this world coming to????:deadhorse:
April's Fool prank - funny (there have been a few this year already)

Dialog about how to prevent or deal with a runaway - priceless

ryan77

April's Fool prank - funny (there have been a few this year already)

Dialog about how to prevent or deal with a runaway - priceless

Listen mister i dont think wasting peoples time over 9 pages is a April Fools prank!! :-x

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks