• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

run ins with law enforcement

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Got stopped on the BW Parkway with my duece and M-332 full of furniture I was moving back to home and he did not like me being on a car only road. After talking to him about it he let me go telling me to get off the next road and even gave me directions to I 95. Other than that nothing with lots of driving around in Baltimore even with the M52 and M 127

BillIdaho

I must admit to a little "fun ". Not a really a cop-related thing, but a gawker/concerned/nosey citizen thing. I was gassing up my M151 A2 that had an M416 AND an M762 tailer hooked on.....(yeah its a long setup) at the local busy gas station near my house. A Flyin J, actually. Anyway, some guy walks up and says "what in the world is that?". You know, I think EVERYONE in the world knows what a "jeep" is in some form or another. So I decided to have some fun. I replied "yep, its a military jeep alright, and so are those two trailers" ( I know MUTT's are not jeeps but I was going to mess with this guy). I told him " these are one of those $50 jeeps in a box deals that everyone always talks about! I had to put it together but it even had the instructions in the crate. Best 50 bucks I have ever spent. The trailers were $50 for the pair, that's why I have two. Ya know, I heard about those $50 jeeps in a crate story for years, but I'm here to tell ya, here one is......".

And I drove away.

Pappa-G

Re: "Club event"

kcimb said:
You were driving an LAV-25?

:shock:

I think you met barney fife for real! Handgun against an armored vehicle? WOW! Stupidity.
Yes a LAV 25! We should have put the smack down on his cruiser with the beavwr tail. :twisted:

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is a down side to being ignored by cops though that I found when driving up I-95 to Aberdeen this year. Normally if you break down on the side of the road a cop will stop to see if they can help. Well I ran out of fuel about 10 miles from the truck stop. Many cops and motorist assistance vehicles ignored me as I assume they figured I was military and therefor none of their business. It was a long hot walk that mile to the dinky next exit with the two jerry cans. The really bad thing is it took two trips to get the fuel level high enough for the pump to pick it up.

mucekok

i have begun to think the camo paint job on my deuce makes it invisible to the local law enforcement. they have never seemed to notice it. that was until, as my luck would have it, i pulled into a gas station late one night after having a few too many cold beverages, and there happened to be a constable or sheriff there (can't remember which). before i could get all the way out of the truck he was there full of the usual "what is it? and where did you get it? etc." questions. as i stood there holding the gas pump up, i realized i had pulled up on the wrong side! the cop held the nozzle for me while i turned the truck around. i probably spent half an hour talking to him about the deuce, and he never said anything about my state of intoxication. can you say nervous? i just knew i was about to be soaking up some striped sunshine at the crossbar motel. that was one of my VERY few positive experiences with law enforcement.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Uhmmmm.... I don't know if I would call that a positive experience with law enforcement. I don't know how drunk you were, but if you were REALLY drunk (Not the too low .08% BS rule.) he should have busted your butt. Driving around a 13,000lbs military truck while drunk is inexcusable. If you had gotten in an accident do you realize how bad that would look for the rest of us? Do you realize how many stupid laws get passed because of one idiot? Do you realize how much damage and people you could have killed with that? If you want to drive drunk drive a motorcycle, as you will only dent a bumper when you take yourself out.

mucekok

didn't i open a can of worms! i could go on for hours about this, and in no way trying to justify it, but i will not do so. i have done my time, and had loved ones killed in auto accidents, come from a family of law enforcemant myself, and so on. just take that story for what its worth (a bit of humor i was hoping), and no more. maybe some are just wound too tight, and if so it is me that doesn't belong here.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
we ALL are human and do STUPID things time to time, there is not ONE person here that hasnt, so you belong here just as much as the rest of us

CanonNinja

The one and only instance i've had with LEOs was back when I first bought it, 15min after registering the truck (literally) and driving down the highway... as I come up to an intersection, some old hag in a Lincoln Marque, on her cell phone, blows the red light making a right turn, in front of me of course, and I barely miss her swerving into the grass off the road.. I laid the horn down and gave her the bird for my troubles, and thought nothing else of it... For the next 3 miles, she's swerving in my lane, brake checking me, trying to "box" me in... as soon as I get around her, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR SO units pull me over.. the 2 approaching my truck had hands on holsters, one popping the thumb break... as they come up to the truck, the usual "who are you, why do you have this? Can you get out of the truck and put your hands on the hood"

2min later, a red-in-the-face officer starts asking questions and then proceeding to ask all his buddies what they thought I paid for it, and was excited as hell to find out where he could get one :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks