• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee Deuce Crew Cab Project

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So not cheap. $3500-5000 depending on voltage/btu. Fits a niche but pricey. I would think that pulling hills with an engine driven a/c would really strain the engine but thats just my opinion brother. I dont remember the company name but found it while searching 24v a/c. Its in Mesa,Az
I'm putting an AC in mine this winter (for next years summer). Picked up Military Red dot dual fan/condenser unit, Compressor, and the Evaporator/blower unit. All new in box and all 24v for about $750. Just need to fabricate brackets, and buy some custom lines and a drier unit, and I should be blowing a ton of cold air.

Here are some pictures to help visualize. The fan/condenser picture isn't mine. Mine is at my brothers but is close to this one, just mounts on both sides instead of the single side in the one pictured.

Attachments

camoyj7

Well I have been thinking about doing a 5.9 cummins swap in my deuce for awhile now so I bought a 95 school bus today. It's got a real nice 5.9 cummins with 140k on it. I going to try to use as much as i can from the bus like the intercooler,radiator and maybe some of the brake parts.

Attachments

JOAT 0311

The bus looks pretty clean. Are you going to keep it at work for now? That 5.9 looks real good. I will try to catch you Sunday if I make enough progress on my rear axle.

big block 88

That is a P-Pump 12 valver you got yourself perhaps the best light duty diesel made. Capable of huge power and reliability crank that old pump up and throw a bigger turbo on there and you'l have good performance out of that huge chunk of iron.

If you don;t mind me asking what is a 95 blue bird with diesel engine going for these days?

camoyj7

The bus ran great and I drove it 2 1/2 hours home without any problems. I got it for $2700. It weighs 27500lbs and scrap metal is $300 a ton so after i scrap it the motor should be almost free. It also has the Allison at545 trans that uses the SAE#3 bellhousing so i think the Spicer 3053A should bolt up to it.

That is a P-Pump 12 valver you got yourself perhaps the best light duty diesel made. Capable of huge power and reliability crank that old pump up and throw a bigger turbo on there and you'l have good performance out of that huge chunk of iron.

If you don;t mind me asking what is a 95 blue bird with diesel engine going for these days?

big block 88

The bus ran great and I drove it 2 1/2 hours home without any problems. I got it for $2700. It weighs 27500lbs and scrap metal is $300 a ton so after i scrap it the motor should be almost free. It also has the Allison at545 trans that uses the SAE#3 bellhousing so i think the Spicer 3053A should bolt up to it.

Awsome job sir... That is the score of the year there perhaps you will have a duece capable of sub 30 second 1/4 miles. :razz: I would take the powersteering off the bus also, should be an easy adaptation to the duece.

And you aren't going to use the at545? I think it would be super sweet to use it the install "should" be an easy install. And you can't kill those old allisons they are built to last.

I will be looking for a bus now myself I would love a 5.9 in our bobber project.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks