• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Fall Campout

BLK HMMWV

loading and unloading

I don't think you'll have a problem.
We can find a berm for you to unload them as well as load them again.
We can back you right up to the hill . There will be something in camp if not far from it.
Glad to see there will be a few quads and things coming out.

BH

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you'll have a problem.
We can find a berm for you to unload them as well as load them again.
We can back you right up to the hill . There will be something in camp if not far from it.
Glad to see there will be a few quads and things coming out.

BH
Sounds good. I'm bringing three quads - my Yamaha 350 4x4, my wife's 250 Honda and a little 50 that is too small for us, but I figured I would bring it in case there were young guns (or someone who wants to buy it).

The wife won't be making the trip but my 13 year old and a friend TBD will tag along.

Also - I have a green soft top I'll bring to sell or trade if anyone needs one.

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

I'm bringing a FL350, I have a collection of little bikes myself.
No kids but some how I aquired them for my friends kids to ride when we went out to the desert. there all grown up now. I need to sell them as well so I can get the HMMWV painted. I used to love riding the PW50 up and down the street.
My friend will be bringing out my FL350 with his Quad.
Is it time yet.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are we gonna swap phone numbers in case someone gets lost or breaks down?

I've gone over my truck and drive it once or twice a week locally with no problems. It's made the run home from Barstow and a trip to Hundy's and back, but no other long road trips.

I would be willing to help anyone coming north on the I15 from SD since it's right on my way, but I have no towbar.

BLK HMMWV

Contact info for trip

Thats probably a good idea.
It sounds like a few guys are going to head out a bit early.
But depending on the day and time your planning on going we might be able to set up a meet up spot at the top of the pass and convoy the rest of the way.
Will might have some input. I'm sure the closer it gets we will tighten up the plans.
As for hearing anything ringing inside my ride while driving forget it.

100dollarman

All -

My current ramp for the quads is too short to load them in the deuce. Is there a berm or something that I can use to assist in unloading? I can get them in and out at home by loading into the pick up and then transfering to the deuce, but the lil pick up isn't making the trip.

Thanks

Doug

Doug- We can lift them by hand. There will be plenty of muscle there!

PS- Can we use the little 50 quad for target practice??? LOL:twisted:

hole

In the past, weve met up at the Sierra exit on I-15 ( just north of the 210 interchange) Everyone will need to figure out when their leaving and see if it works out for a convoy. The phone # idea is a good one Doug !:idea: Might I suggest that all who plan on attending, pm your #'s to WillWagner and then he can blanket pm the rest of us with the complete list. Hundy, I like the target practice idea too! Just make sure theres fuel in it!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doug- We can lift them by hand. There will be plenty of muscle there!

PS- Can we use the little 50 quad for target practice??? LOL:twisted:
I think the 4x4 quad weighs about 700 pounds. It sure felt like it when it landed on me in 2004.

We can shoot the lil quad up all you want brother - right after you sign the check. :)

Anyone bringing kids at all? I'm bringing a couple - 12 - 13ish...........................

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing one of my seeds..He might have his license by then so he might come up fri nite so I can leave early :wink: We should most likely get a headcount and a list of where people are departing from. That way we can get organised and people can get hooked up for the drive out. Safety in numbers!

RDUKW

As of this point I will be going. I am going to be departing from Costa Mesa with the M35a2 on a trailer with the commercial cleanup gear. My departure times are flexible if people are going to caravan. Does anyone know how bad the BLM presence is out there? I don't know if I'll get tags on the truck by then.

hole

We've only had a brief encounter with the Ranger, even then he didnt get out of his truck. He mostly wanted to see the trucks and say hi

hole

4 1/2 weeks to go... It's getting harder to pass the time, works slowed down. While that gives me more time to plan , it also worries me that if it doesnt pick up I may not be able to afford to go...Anyone need a house built or room addition done:wink: Maybe I can apply for stimulas money:roll:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a new unused M35A3 wheel that needs an o ring and the nuts to bolt it together, 5 metal bows, 2 uprights/corners, a nice medium duty towbar with adapters and axle clamps if anyone is interested. I might not be able to get out there till Saturday morning due to an overtime spot I took Friday night, but I might cancel that so I can come out Friday afternoon. I will also be bringing my soon to be 6 year old and dirt bikes since I am now dueceless but the wheels are again turning and I'm itching for another truck.....

Last edited:

offroadrunner

I'm hoping to make it with my M35A2C, but if I don't get finished with the brake system rebuild in time (let alone the CHP inspection to get the title through the DMV, and then get insurance on the thing, yadda, yadda) - I may just have to make the trip in the ol '76 Power-Wagon. I also just found out I've got a week-long business trip 'til that Friday, so I probably won't get there 'til late Fri or early Sat either. I'm gonna "use the force" though - to try to make it one way or another.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a gently used OD soft top, some M109 mud flaps, a 50CC quad and a couple Army Field desks to swap.........

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks